• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewMaxx View Post
    Original conflict was apparently over "transgender discrimination at FSF."
    aka a bunch of BS and nonsense.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        I wonder what's the drama:work ratio for open source projects. I have a strong hunch it's pretty high.
        Probably not. There are hundred of thousands (maybe millions) of projects out there, and generally you only hear of the ones that are either unusually important, or excessively dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
          Drama queens.

I'll leave that here.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
            aka a bunch of BS and nonsense.
            Sigh... I have no doubt that transgender individuals could falsely attribute legitimate criticism to discrimination, whether consciously or subconsciously. It's no different for others in minority social statuses (races, ethnicities, sexual preferences, etc.) But assuming that such a discrimination claim is false makes you look ignorant (at best) or like a flat-out hatemonger. So unless you have intimate knowledge of the situation, you're the one spewing BS and nonsense. GTFO (and I mean that in the nicest way possible).

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Sigh... I have no doubt that transgender individuals could falsely attribute legitimate criticism to discrimination, whether consciously or subconsciously. It's no different for others in minority social statuses (races, ethnicities, sexual preferences, etc.) But assuming that such a discrimination claim is false makes you look ignorant (at best) or like a flat-out hatemonger. So unless you have intimate knowledge of the situation, you're the one spewing BS and nonsense. GTFO (and I mean that in the nicest way possible).
              Ugh, forcing others to celebrate mental illness is not ok. Do I need to tell you where to shove your hateful SJW drivel, or have you got it figured out? Have a wonderful day!
              Last edited by torsionbar28; 06 January 2017, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

Ugh, forcing others to celebrate mental illness is not ok. Do I need to tell you where to shove your hateful SJW drivel, or have you got it figured out? Have a wonderful day!
                1. Being a transgender person isn't a mental illness.
                2. I've yet to find a post from the libreboot maintainer calling for a celebration.
                3. SJW is a derogatory term, I'd not expect to find it in the post of someone who is interested in a genuine exchange of ideas.

Comment

This whole drama was VERY good for GNU. Why? So in the future people can distance themselves from emotional people who want to dictate a project by themselves when something happens.

I myself i also brand transgenders as mental illness, there is no scientific study that says it is by birth. I rather see it as a youth trauma/lack of attention etc. However this is MY opinion, that does not mean i force it on somebody else to also believe it. When somebody asks my opinion i give it to them, if they do not agree with it, well that is their problem not mine.

However misusing your power to hurt the core of where GNU stands for, well boy..you just have lost ALL my respect.

So i really hope, that by default all the GNU-projects aren't controlled by a single person. Other developers easily can make new accounts and have also the same possibilities as the original developers. No original developer will mind this if they TRULY believe in the concept of GNU.

Comment

Originally posted by tinko View Post

2. I've yet to find a post from the libreboot maintainer calling for a celebration.
                    3. SJW is a derogatory term, I'd not expect to find it in the post of someone who is interested in a genuine exchange of ideas.
                    I'm muslim and I say you're wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tinko View Post

Originally posted by rmoog View Post

I'm muslim and I say you're wrong
                      Even if you would consider identifying yourself as a transgender to be a mental illness there's no cure for it, and since it doesn't hurt anyone why not accept them and let them be a part of society without discrimination?

Comment

Working...
                      X