FSF, RMS Issue Statements Over Libreboot's Accusations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking social justice warriors.

The one having to point out someone's gender in the first place is the one causing the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
      The one having to point out someone's gender in the first place is the one causing the problem.
      What if the accusation is true? How is it causing the problem to protest gender discrimination? Obviously, more detail is needed before anyone can judge the accusation either way.

Fucking social justice warriors
      Ignoring discrimination is the best way to make it go away? Please..
      For you and the other ignorant folks crying about "SJW", I've got an acronym for you: STFU

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

What if the accusation is true? How is it causing the problem to protest gender discrimination? Obviously, more detail is needed before anyone can judge the accusation either way.

For you and the other ignorant folks crying about "SJW", I've got an acronym for you: STFU
        No one is ignoring discrimination. She is free to provide evidence.

Who's the ignorant one?

Comment

I bet Libreboot is getting fat paychecks from Microsoft at this very moment.

Comment

Better to avoid anything that begins with transgen*****

Comment

Scary!

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                So Leah decided best way to deal with it is:
                - Make bold statements on behalf of whole community, mumbling "we" while it is unobvious if other commiters have the very same view of the situation.
                - According to http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/li.../msg00075.html (http://zammit.org/libreboot-screwup.html) at least one major contributor rather took it as gross misuse of priveleges/leadership instead.
                - At least one another person called for fork (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/li.../msg00075.html).
                - Leah decided its ok to bully others, using bullying of her friends as excuse. Person mentioned above has admitted being banned on IRC. Nice way to discuss matters!'
                - Leah also decided to escalate conflict further, sparking shitstorm. How decent. Good example for ppl showcasing 'em better to avoid dealing with such crazy people unless they are big fans of shitstorms. Now I at least understand why many large companies tend to have internal "security" teams investigating persons they're about to hire. Hiring someone like that is always big mistake, no matter whether they're trans or not.
                - Leah decided not to post any sensible proof. So we're really supposed to blindly trust someone on who is victim and who is bully, while person does not behaves reasonably and gone rampant, being deaf to any words, eh? Does not sounds fair and balanced. If someone demands fair judgement, they have to bring facts on the table. It is incorrect to bring only one part of facts while concealing another facts. Needless to say ppl have reasons to believe it could be attempt to hide less convenient part of the facts, especially granted such a crazed/irrational attitude.

So, you do not value freedom of speech. In this case you're probably really wrong person to mumble about "justice" either.

For me it rather looks like Leah is pretty bugged person who managed to screw everything up due to going nuts when project leaders inevitably end up tolerating quite some levels of abuse and conflicts. So, no matter what the rest facts are, at very least Leah proven self to be grossly inappropriate as project leader.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
                  No one is ignoring discrimination.
                  Then how exactly does one allege gender discrimination without mentioning gender and being "the one causing the problem" as you put it?

She is free to provide evidence.
                  Agreed (and I've said as much many times in the two threads). It needs more evidence. I don't see any reason to assume it's true, but I also think it's too early to outright dismiss it as a case of someone being an overzealous SJW, as a bunch of Phoronix commenters seem to think.

Comment

Oh, the irony.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanL View Post
                      Agreed (and I've said as much many times in the two threads). It needs more evidence. I don't see any reason to assume it's true, but I also think it's too early to outright dismiss it as a case of someone being an overzealous SJW, as a bunch of Phoronix commenters seem to think.
                      But in the absence of evidence, such a reaction is inevitable. If you want to be taken seriously, you don't make accusations without immediately backing them up - and the longer this goes on without any evidence for th claims, the worse it looks, and the more harshly people will react.

Comment

Working...
                      X