X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unapproved post for unixfan2001 above

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Yeah, I'm totally with you on this! You should refer to any person as "it".
      Gender pronouns should be obsoleted in a modern society.
      No. There should be no "gender", only sex. A person with XY chromosomes is a "he", a person with XX is a she and that's all there is.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
        No, you shouldn't fight evil with evil.
        You have that exactly backwards.

It's not only acceptable to fight evil with evil, it's essential.

You've been tricked by evil into adopting the strategy which lets evil win every time.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
          No. There should be no "gender", only sex.
          And that's the reason I'm saying he/she should be dropped for good. He and she are "gender pronouns", and their name predates all this fuss, so yes they are used to identify gender and not sex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender...utral_pronouns

As we drop genders, we drop also gender pronouns.

A person with XY chromosomes is a "he", a person with XX is a she and that's all there is.
          This is bullshit. XY is a male person, XX is a female person. He/she are gender-specific pronouns.

Comment

Originally posted by justusranvier View Post
            It's not only acceptable to fight evil with evil, it's essential.
            You've been tricked by evil into adopting the strategy which lets evil win every time.
            While I agree on that principle, in this case exposing the name of another innocent isn't useful to the cause and while being plain evil is also plain stupid and plain bad PR and plain illegal (privacy violation and defamation).

Comment

Sex Chromosome Abnormalities
              Female Genotype Syndrome Male Genotype Syndrome
              XX normal XY normal
              XO Turner XXY Klinefelter
              XXX Triple-X XYY XYY
              FYI

Comment

This is bullshit. XY is a male person, XX is a female person. He/she are gender-specific pronouns.
                How is that bullshit? I call a person "he" if and only if he's male, and "she" if and only if she's female. It's called grammar.

Comment

How is that bullshit? I call a person "he" if and only if he's male, and "she" if and only if she's female. It's called grammar.
                  Then you are wrong and also an idiot. He/she are gender pronouns, not linked to sex but to grammatical gender of "masculinity" or "femininity", which is wholly arbitrary.

In other languages (cough Italian cough) where there neuter pronouns exist but are rarely used (unlike english) you also have inanimate objects that are a "he" or a "she" depending on how masculine or feminine sounds the name (yes also the name sound is masculine or feminine in some languages, again totally arbitrary stuff).

Comment

Then you are wrong and also an idiot. He/she are gender pronouns, not linked to sex but to grammatical gender of "masculinity" or "femininity", which is wholly arbitrary.

In other languages (cough Italian cough) where there neuter pronouns exist but are rarely used (unlike english) you also have inanimate objects that are a "he" or a "she" depending on how masculine or feminine sounds the name (yes also the name sound is masculine or feminine in some languages, again totally arbitrary stuff).
                    Talk about bullshit. The whole notion of a person's "gender", supposedly unrelated to sex, is a moronic and arbitrary invention with no basis in reality. In fact the very word "gender" refers exclusively to the grammatical class of inanimate objects or abstract concepts.

If a MAN wants to play woman, by all means, be my guest, but HE shouldn't expect the world to pay any attention to his whim. The idea that language should be purged of undesirable features or forcibly changed to prevent thoughtcrime, a.k.a. non-PC thinking, is exactly what Orwell's Newspeak is all about. Of course, given the SJW mob's many times demonstrated profound ignorance, I wouldn't expect them to know that 1984 was written as a warning, not as a textbook for government.

Comment

Talk about bullshit. The whole notion of a person's "gender", supposedly unrelated to sex, is a moronic and arbitrary invention with no basis in reality. In fact the very word "gender" refers exclusively to the grammatical class of inanimate objects or abstract concepts.

If a MAN wants to play woman, by all means, be my guest, but HE shouldn't expect the world to pay any attention to his whim. The idea that language should be purged of undesirable features or forcibly changed to prevent thoughtcrime, a.k.a. non-PC thinking, is exactly what Orwell's Newspeak is all about. Of course, given the SJW mob's many times demonstrated profound ignorance, I wouldn't expect them to know that 1984 was written as a warning, not as a textbook for government.
                      Don't argue with morons. When the revolution happens they'll be the first to be thrown overboard.

Comment

Working...
                      X