FSF, RMS Issue Statements Over Libreboot's Accusations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParticleBoard View Post

It's true, this "community" seems to always cannibalize each other and their "allies".

I went and read this page https://www.fsf.org/about/staff-and-board/ and given the descriptions of the people involved I seriously doubt they did what they are accused of. But now they are forever slandered on an internet which never forgets.
    The irony is that everyone knows the FSF is a very open/accepting organization. Attacking them like this is just poisoning the well.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      So, by reading 4 sentences in a site you know enough about them? Yeah, that makes sense.

How about you don't post random bs just to oppose people? She is very wrong, but you manage to be very wrong too if you follow the same way.
      Are you going to inject your asinine opinion on every single post? Nobody needs your permission or your blessing to post on here. Leah is a headcase and she's doing a fine job all by herself promoting that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by ParticleBoard View Post
        Are you going to inject your asinine opinion on every single post?
        Yes. It's not asinine tho.
        Nobody needs your permission or your blessing to post on here.
        Nor they are safe from critique if they post bullshit.
        Leah is a headcase and she's doing a fine job all by herself promoting that fact.
        Yeah, I was saying that you are also doing a fine job at promoting that you're an idiot too.

Comment

Yeah, I was saying that you are also doing a fine job at promoting that you're an idiot too.
          This coming from a guy that thinks suicide is not indicative of a mental health issue. You argue for the sake of arguing and you flood this forum with your garbage, your a troll in the oldschool sense (not the progressive "you disagree with me so your a troll").

I think until the truth comes out (if ever) there's not much else to say. Plus I'm sure the weapons-grade shitposters are on their way as phoronix was linked in that nutjobs rant.

Comment

No, she appears to be reacting like a goddamn teen trans on fucking tumblr,
            Doubtless delivered in abject obliviousness to the irony

no amount of filibustering on your part is going to change this fact.
            What fact? All you're contributing is speculation, supposition and reflexive vitriol. Not a fact to be found.

Calling out someone as guilty WITHOUT ANY PROOF and WITHOUT A PROPER TRIAL, and also STATING THEIR NAMES ON A PUBLIC BOARD cannot be called "honourable" in any shape, way or form.
            It IS honourable, of course, if there's truth to it... and that's not for you to say. Leah clearly believes there is. Your presumption to the contrary is merely impetuous presumption.

It is bad, and it is also a crime punishable by law.
            Wrong again I'm afraid. Do try to see the bigger picture. It's ONLY "bad/criminal" if it's untrue (as you do so like to presume). In which case libel laws are applicable and all injured parties have surprisingly draconian course of redress. Of course, if there IS truth to the allegations, then their publication is entirely justified, honourable and legal, and all FSF is doing is disseminating a spurt of "damage limitation" spin before quietly waiting for the whole thing to fade away. Here's a thought: Wait and see how it all pans out before getting all hot and shrieky and indignant. Don't forget that FSF is effectively a quasiparalegal collective and I dare say doesn't need your help in this.

As an interested non-partisan I'm curious to see what becomes of this. One way OR the other.

You might also like to look up "filibuster" as it's an amusingly important part of the process by which you are governed but wholly inapplicable to the format of this forum. Perhaps you were attempting to evoke "blustering" (with and equally depressing dearth of irony)?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Palmer View Post
              What fact?
              "she appears to be reacting like a goddamn teen trans on fucking tumblr," That's the fact.

It IS honourable, of course, if there's truth to it...
              No it is not. She is not a judge, nor a police officer. She has no authority to enforce the law and she should NOT do so. This is real life, not a movie.
              The proper way to deal with this situation is to go through judiciary system which is the organization that has the authority to do so, NOT trying to make yourself justice (and fail horribly more often than not).

Leah clearly believes there is. Your presumption to the contrary is merely impetuous presumption.
              Nope, I'm not presuming she is wrong, I'm stating that what she is doing now is wrong regardless of her reasons. Please learn to read.

Wrong again I'm afraid. Do try to see the bigger picture. It's ONLY "bad/criminal" if it's untrue
              Lolwtf NO. What she is doing is wrong because she should have used judiciary system instead of playing knight in shiny armor herself for fun and profit.

Even if her claims were found correct in a trial about the FSF firing trans people, she would still auto-lose any defamation trial.

Don't forget that FSF is effectively a quasiparalegal collective and I dare say doesn't need your help in this.
              I'm attacking people that post nonsense, not defending FSF.

Not that they really need to do anything about this. Most thing Leah/Libreboot team alone can do is whine and cry, if they did go through legal ways FSF could have been in trouble and the PR hit would have been crippling (if Leah was right, anyway).

This way it's going to become history (i.e. forgotten) within weeks.

You might also like to look up "filibuster"
              Filibustering is trying to be right by being excessively verbose and causing a retreat of the opponent. It's the tactic used by dishonest legislators when they want to block a law but cannot do so directly, so they stall the procedures with verbose nonsense. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster

Comment

wait. what?

are the donations to fsf refundable at all?

Comment

Originally posted by stefansaraev View Post
                  wait. what?

are the donations to fsf refundable at all?
                  Only if you are cisgendered. Refunds are transacted in a smoke-filled room by a person with a Snidely Whiplash-esque mustache. /s

Comment

this is absolutely absurd b/c afaict there has been _0_ proof of harassment put forward by Leah Rowe or the alleged victim, only extremely vague hearsay. i'm all for equality, live and let live, etc, but come on, put up or shut up. ones word, especially from someone who has chosen to remain anonymous, is not nearly enough to get ppl on your side.

Comment

S/he's obviously fucking nuts... "She was identified as a threat to the FSF's internal stability", of that I have no doubt. S/he's a threat to her own psychological stability.

At the end of the day Libreboot supports a handful of very obsolete hardware that generally belongs in the trash anyway. I would expect the vast majority of people don't give a shit about it, especially since coreboot supported hardware list is 100x longer.

Besides, when you have people like that who are more interested in drama and bullshit than coding, I can't imagine the quality being very good. I would boycott it on principle alone.

Comment

Working...
                      X