Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    phoronix: Fsf, rms issue statements over libreboot's accusations

thursday night we wrote about libreboot leaving the gnu and denouncing the gnu and fsf with rather harsh words. That thread generated more than 120 comments with differing views while now the free software foundation issued a statement as well as richard m stallman...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ents-libreboot

fork now, fork now, fork now...

Comment

Originally posted by 4d4c47 View Post

fork now, fork now, fork now...
      It (already) IS a fork. Upstream is Coreboot. Other Coreboot forks/variants exist. You're free to use any of those if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Palmer View Post
        She clearly appears to have taken a stand on a matter of conscience.
        No, she appears to be reacting like a goddamn teen trans on fucking tumblr, no amount of filibustering on your part is going to change this fact.

Should she convincingly lose formal civil proceedings arising from this small saga, then I'd consider her actions to most probably have been ill advised but honourable... but I'd be stunned if any such case was ever brought... and so, in the absolute absence of any suspicion of any ulterior motive, that just leaves houourable.
        Calling out someone as guilty WITHOUT ANY PROOF and WITHOUT A PROPER TRIAL, and also STATING THEIR NAMES ON A PUBLIC BOARD cannot be called "honourable" in any shape, way or form.

It is bad, and it is also a crime punishable by law.

Comment

Leah emailed me with a new link.... Article updated at the end.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Leah emailed me with a new link.... Article updated at the end.
            Cool, that site (and project) really needed another page of pointless whining. https://libreboot.org/gnu/

They whine also about our board's resident nazi and talibans, great addition to their point that they are poor victims in a bad bad world.

They also state names of people that they think are guilty, while the person that was fired is not stated.

This is fucking great, really. I'm now hoping someone gets pissed off and sues the crap out of them given all the material they posted it should be quick and profitable.

Comment

Michael, the only real purpose of these "articles" you posted seem to be of click-bait/fanning the flames material.
              This is more tabloid than anything else, there are NO FACTS AT ALL, it is about the lowest form of journalism that there is.

Highly disappointed in your judgment.

If, on the other had the person that was terminated then files a suit, that is a different story, but, as it stands, this is crap 101.

Comment

Avoid hiring HR nightmares

Comment

The woman is completely nuts.

Comment

I will quote myself here:

"seriously

1. claims without proof
                    2. denounce big project as a whole
                    3. denounce two persons, without proofing that they actually did anything.

I find that "private prosecution" thing really worrying. Because if that will be the "default" in the future, you can't rely on "laws" but what certain certain groups "feel" as just.

It doesn't have to be written anywhere, it doesn't even have to be illegal, but if a group thinks or feels that what you did is wrong, you are the asswhole, period. And this _has_ to stop. It is little whiny child behaviour what is going on here and the right reaction here should be, why Leah even dare to do things this way, nothing else.

I don't care what really happens, I don't care if something bad or just happend in real. I care about being able to do things without the fear of being a bad guy, because some random human got hurt for something I said and I should be denounced as an evil being...

For me it is all about this general thing and this _has_ to stop, seriously. If you have a problem with somebody, talk about that in private, Most people don't care about your quarrels."

+ a little addition: I would hope that critics about the "methods" of doing things wouldn't be seen as critics about the cause. I personally don't care whether a person is trans or what else, I don't treat them differently and I don't want to have to.

The only "valid" response for a sentence like "But this person is *trans*" is "and? I don't care" and if this answer is the most used one for such, then we have true equality within society. _not_ caring what somebody else is, is the goal, _not_ to give somebody benefits, because they are something else.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                      This is why you can't let these crazies into your organization to begin with. They'll collapse the thing from the inside. FSF deserves it though since they buy into and promote this ridiculous narrative. It's fun to watch the crazies kill each other.
                      It's true, this "community" seems to always cannibalize each other and their "allies".

I went and read this page https://www.fsf.org/about/staff-and-board/ and given the descriptions of the people involved I seriously doubt they did what they are accused of. But now they are forever slandered on an internet which never forgets.

Comment

Working...
                      X