Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    He is technically saying the same as you, He is basically stating:
    "chromosomes determine sex, gender is determined by stuff I can't comprehend so I write some bs, but what matters is that it is not related to chromosomes".
    Those are your words alone, What's bs is the words you put inside of quotation marks. This forum does have a quoting function as you are already well aware.

Comment

• I like how it curses FSF and GNU and still has their links in the signature.

Comment

• I don't see the problem here. Who exactly would want to hire someone with a severely crippling mental illness? Would you hire a paranoid schizophrenic that is unable to complete basic work and who will be attempting to harm themselves and others?

Employment is not a right. Businesses do not want or need useless mentally ill employees. These individuals should seek treatment instead of trying to go into neo-stalinist 'I have a right to other people's money' mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
          In other words, employees can be fired, except if they have something unusual with their sexual identity.
          No. Employees can be fired if there's an actual good reason, regardless of their sexuality.

For instance, I'm asexual and agender. If I'm bad at my job, then there's an actual reason to fire me and I won't complain over it. However, firing me because I'm asexual or agender is just plain stupidity. (I'm not saying that's what happened to whoever got fired in the news).

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Right... discriminating against others based solely on their opinions is the "teeth" of political correctness, in the same way that copyright law is the "teeth" of the GPL.

It's not at all clear to me that the former is a Good Thing though...
            For sure not a good thing in my opinion.

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            And you fail. "Punishment" does not default to "hanging" outside of your trolly mind. How about a non-physical punishment?
            No,it doesn't! But it was you that said that a person should be punished hard... and even that it wasn't punished physicaly, I do not believe in punishment per se, but rather in education. It's what's missing here, not punishement.

No, the simple facts and codified in laws are that you cannot use freedom against itself, so you are not free to remove freedom to another person.
            And if you try to use your freedom to remove someone else's you lose your own and get punished.
            And yet everyone is trying to limit the freedom of others to have an opinion. Don't get me wrong: i'm not gay but have a lot of good friends that are!!! And while it makes me sick when people try to humiliate any of them or trying to make stupid homophobic comments about their choices the opposite also exists and is such as stupid. The point here is to remain neutral and respect everyone.

I don't. Having wrong opinions leads to limiting other's freedoms (like that guy did by donating money to anti-gay movements).
            As to what is "wrong" please refer to the above.
            While i would not donate money and while from my point of view it was not a correct thing to to, i must respect his freedom to do what he believes. In fact it's his money and I could always donate money to the opposite cause.

I'm not gay, but I personally hate when people think they have the right to tell someone else who or what they should fuck.
            At least here we do agree, but i would not put it by the same words...............

and while it started a bit joking whit this, it's beginning to loose the fun, because everyone tries to be the hero of freedom and everyone starts discussing the details in words... discuss freedom is something that will never end.

so, as a statement: I do respect gay people (maybe that's why i have so much friends that are gay). However everyone should be allowed to have their own opinion and be able to stand by what they believe (without punishment) - and this go both ways!!! Also i do not wish to continue an endless discussion that may ruin my good humor...

and by the way: you use "Fail" a lot, don't you?! I did not fail!If anyone fails here it's you that wish to punish people for their thoughts. I do not put labels on people. I try to respect their opinions... and as such i will not reply you anymore. It's a loss of time because i will not be able to make you understand my point and neither will you!

You have your opinion, i have mine!

Comment

• Originally posted by ParticleBoard View Post

Called it!

After some quick googling I see that the suicide rate among "trangenders" is around 41%. The suicide rate for paranoid schizophrenics (one of the worst mental illnesses) is between 30-50% (depending on age/sex). So, tell me again how it's all "perfectly normal" and that I'm #literallyhitler for simply disagreeing and using racist facts and transphobic numbers. It's you "progressive" morons doing the disservice to these people, that is unless you think suicide is the solution, which I would disagree it is not.
              Your powers of deduction are comparable only to your iron-clad logic.

You deduce that because transgender folk attempt/commit suicide at a rate similar to paranoid schizophrenics that to be transgender must obviously be a mental disorder as well. Case closed, I guess -- I just can't argue with your several minutes of uncited Google research. Increased suicidality couldn't possibly be related to lifelong exposure to being ostracized, ridiculed, attacked verbally and physically, and to be treated in general as if you are sub-human for something that you didn't choose, by people who are in no way impacted by the life you live and should be left to lead as you see fit. Such trivialities would never drive a person to attempt suicide.

Nice pit-stop to point out that schizophrenia is "one of the worst mental illnesses" too -- I suppose we're to take from your implication that being transgender is likewise "one of the worst mental illnesses" too -- #literallyhilter, indeed.

As to your logic, your primary implication seems to be that transgender folks would be less inclined toward suicidality if only their gender identity matched their outward sex characteristics, and secondarily that "progressives" are doing them a disservice by accepting them for their charade. That some kind of tough-love should be employed to make boy-brains of girls-brains that happen to find themselves occupying boy-bodies.

If you believe that what you seem to imply is true -- that being of a gender identity and a body which are more closely in line would make the affected people happier and less prone to suicidality -- then your absence of logic is that you believe that *your* evaluation and preferences should dictate *for them* that their gender identity should be forcibly aligned to their body, even as they assert for themselves their preference that their body (or at least their outward gender expression, as gender re-assignment surgery is not available or even wanted by everyone affected) be allowed to align to their gender identity. You confuse your right to an opinion as your right to have a say. It doesn't belong to you. Furthermore, for those who do seek to align their gender identity with their body, science knows a whole lot more about changing bodies than we do about changing brains, and results are very good if hormones are administered before and throughout puberty, requiring much less in the way of invasive surgeries. If you really cared for these people you'd care only for their happiness outcome, and not at all about whether their final configuration matches the way you want to sort the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucretia

it's really not you backward fuckwit.
                You look at a man with a penis and think "could be a woman". And you say I'm the backwards one. LMAO. I'll bet you love fawning over the emperor's new clothes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shill View Post
                  I don't see the problem here. Who exactly would want to hire someone with a severely crippling mental illness? Would you hire a paranoid schizophrenic that is unable to complete basic work and who will be attempting to harm themselves and others?

Employment is not a right. Businesses do not want or need useless mentally ill employees. These individuals should seek treatment instead of trying to go into neo-stalinist 'I have a right to other people's money' mode.
                  Precisely. If my employee starts showing up every day in a top hat and false beard and claims he's Abraham Lincoln, it means he's mentally ill, and not someone I would continue to employ. It does not mean he might really be Abraham Lincoln. It does not mean I'm required to participate in his little game of make believe. And it does not mean I'm required to celebrate mental illness.

A man showing up to work in women's attire claiming to be a woman, is no different.

Want to play dress up and make believe? Fine! Go right ahead. But don't limit the freedom of others, by trying to force them to participate in the charade.
                  Last edited by torsionbar28; 16 September 2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ParticleBoard View Post

Called it!

After some quick googling I see that the suicide rate among "trangenders" is around 41%. The suicide rate for paranoid schizophrenics (one of the worst mental illnesses) is between 30-50% (depending on age/sex). So, tell me again how it's all "perfectly normal" and that I'm #literallyhitler for simply disagreeing and using racist facts and transphobic numbers. It's you "progressive" morons doing the disservice to these people, that is unless you think suicide is the solution, which I would disagree it is not.
                    Your powers of deduction are comparable only to your iron-clad logic.

You deduce that because transgender folk attempt/commit suicide at a rate similar to paranoid schizophrenics that to be transgender must obviously be a mental disorder as well. Case closed, I guess -- I just can't argue with your several minutes of uncited Google research. Increased suicidality couldn't possibly be related to lifelong exposure to being ostracized, ridiculed, attacked verbally and physically, and to be treated in general as if you are sub-human for something that you didn't choose, by people who are in no way impacted by the life you live and should be left to lead as you see fit. Such trivialities would never drive a person to attempt suicide.

Nice pit-stop to point out that schizophrenia is "one of the worst mental illnesses" too -- I suppose we're to take from your implication that being transgender is likewise "one of the worst mental illnesses" too -- #literallyhilter, indeed.

As to your logic, your primary implication seems to be that transgender folks would be less inclined toward suicidality if only their gender identity matched their outward sex characteristics, and secondarily that "progressives" are doing them a disservice by accepting them for their charade. That some kind of tough-love should be employed to make boy-brains of girls-brains that happen to find themselves occupying boy-bodies.

If you believe that what you seem to imply is true -- that being of a gender identity and a body which are more closely in line would make the affected people happier and less prone to suicidality -- then your absence of logic is that you believe that *your* evaluation and preferences should dictate *for them* that their gender identity should be forcibly aligned to their body, even as they assert for themselves their preference that their body (or at least their outward gender expression, as gender re-assignment surgery is not available or even wanted by everyone affected) be allowed to align to their gender identity. You confuse your right to an opinion as your right to have a say. It doesn't belong to you. Furthermore, for those who do seek to align their gender identity with their body, science knows a whole lot more about changing bodies than we do about changing brains, and results are very good if hormones are administered before and throughout puberty, requiring much less in the way of invasive surgeries. If you really cared for these people you'd care only for their happiness outcome, and not at all about whether their final configuration matches the way you want to sort the world.

Comment

• ^dat thread O.O

Comment

Working...
                      X