Libreboot Leaves The GNU, The Free Software Foundation Denounced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    Besides, gender identity disorder is a mental illness, not something to celebrate.
    Gender identity (like sexual preference and other stuff) is hard-coded, not learned nor alterable with hormones (i.e. all those that claim homo parents will raise homo children are unwashed troglodytes, there is no evidence anywhere), any issues affecting that are therefore not classifiable as a disorder and must be treated as some kind of neurological malformation.
    That is, a mistake of brain development, the neurons in that area of the brain screwed up in reading DNA and thought they were of the wrong gender. Genome allows this as most of its code is the same for both genders but has some switches that are turned on or off depending on other factors (usually hormones). Just look at transgender people that were accepted early enough to get a hormone treatment when they were adolescents, they are not distinguishable from an individual born with that gender.

While it's not well-understood in this case, most fetal development happens in blocks of cells that follow a single leader cell that does this DNA check (not just for gender). This means if this cell screws up, the error cascades through all those that were listening to it. This would easily explain the above.

It's better like this because given how often this system screws up (not just for gender identity issues and not just for brain, but just look at how much homosexual and transgender people came out of the closet in the last 20 years if you want some numbers, this system isn't terribly accurate), if you let any cell decide for itself you'd get way too much cells that go the wrong way.

The above means that any attempt to "cure" this condition is pretty much a lost cause unless it is something that can somehow change gender identity (and/or sexual orientation) in everyone else too, as that person is not ill but has a part of the brain that was formed as if it was of the other gender.

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post
      isn't that kind of "LGBQT" just an excessive way to express you are more special than "other special" people? Like normal "fad" in the youth early or late adolescence? Like you usually see some "style" within specific generations?
      Yes. Just look up "trans" in tumblr or other random social places where there are many adolescents.

Really, it will bring out your homo/trans/young-phobic side, and you'll be screaming obscenities at the monitor after you read a few posts of that hogwash and saw fugly pics

Comment

It's so much more complicated than that. It's not just a matter of chromosomes, it's a whole slew of chemical balance issues that are direct result of your cellular ribsomes decoding your dna. There are 2 sexes that are determined by your chromosomes, but because of how your ribosomes decode them there are many genders. Please don't confuse your sex with your gender, they are not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          It's so much more complicated than that. It's not just a matter of chromosomes, it's a whole slew of chemical balance issues that are direct result of your cellular ribsomes decoding your dna. There are 2 sexes that are determined by your chromosomes, but because of how your ribosomes decode them there are many genders. Please don't confuse your sex with your gender, they are not the same thing.
          WTF ?

What tosh, ribosomes code proteins from mRNA. I suggest you do a biochemistry degree as I have or at the very least grab a copy of Voet & Voet "Biochemistry" before you spout any further misinformation that belongs on the "Bad Science" website.

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

you misunderstood. The main problem about the mail are the claims without sources, not about all that SJW or transgender thing. That is completely irrelevant. If you start to discuss SJW and transgender things following the mail you can only lose.

The form of claiming such things is _bad_, real bad, so bad I would fire person doing claims in such a silly way causing only troubles and destroy peaceful environments within companies, which _is_ a valid reason to fire somebody and every sane court will agree here.
            Ah, okay, we agree then. I thought you were being a sarcastic SJW there, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Comment

Hopefully this guy's librefoot project fails as horribly as his personal life.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                  Hopefully this guy's librefoot project fails as horribly as his personal life.
                  I think that's a "she", not a "he". I otherwise agree.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    I think that's a "she", not a "he". I otherwise agree.
                    Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

WTF ?

What tosh, ribosomes code proteins from mRNA. I suggest you do a biochemistry degree as I have or at the very least grab a copy of Voet & Voet "Biochemistry" before you spout any further misinformation that belongs on the "Bad Science" website.

Read it. I definitely am not biochemist, nor do I want to be for that matter, but the simple matter of fact is that regardless of the sex your chromosomes say you are, the chimical balance that your ribosomes code for detrmines your gender. It definitely is -NOT- one or the other. There are in fact many genders.

Comment

Working...
                      X