All The Places You Can Find Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
    This coming from someone who declared XFCE entirely bug free because he hasn't discovered one in his limited time, on his five PCs. How ironic.
    Don't even try to use logic against him, clearly it doesn't work.

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
    A graphics driver is bloatware to you? Wow! Just wow!
    You really deserve a Troll of the Year award.
    More like "Troll of the Century"

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      There are several other processes than netowrk manager in your boot.
      yes, and slowest one is mount. how changing networkmanager to wicd will make mount faster?
      You are some fucking russian.
      i am not russian, though it is my native language.
      not clear how any of that will make your arguments stronger
      btw, we have already learned that you hate americans and russians. anyone else in you hate list?
      Buy some ssds.
      i have bought some ssds.
      but buying six terabytes of ssds to boot at most 15 seconds faster once in a week is pretty silly, isn't it ?
      I use virtual box and several usb devices.
      some lame excuse for wasting your time on compiling kernels to make them slower (i'm still waiting for your benchmark results)
      though it is in line with your usual pattern. debian, xfce, custom kernels, windows drivers, virtualbox
      Last edited by pal666; 14 April 2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Idiots do not trust closed source firmware.
        Says he who uses NVIDIA blobs. The irony doth elude you, once more...

Trolls are spamming off topic false information to the forums and moves conversation to the personal insulting, like users Amarsldon and unixfan does.
        I don't think I've ever personaly insulted you. Nor am I the one moving every conversation to the off-topic (like you and your constant spamming of "XFCE or bust!" BS).

Losers need some object for their bad mood, usually it is me who use fact arguments so that losers have no anything to say but insults.
        You don't exactly use arguments though, now do you? Insulting every engineer under the sun that hasn't worked on XFCE isn't exactly a good way to get your message across.

Comment

Idiots do not trust closed source firmware.
          Totally subjective. I'd say idiots TRUST proprietary software.

Idiots can no see from the bug reports what is a user and distro related problem. Idiots also ignore the value of five testers.
          Putting it on your own words: "whoa, five small, idiots and insignificant testers agains 999.999.999, big whoa" :P

Trolls are spamming off topic false information to the forums and moves conversation to the personal insulting, like [edit] I do. Losers need some object for their bad mood, usually it is me who use [edit] lose arguments so that [edit]my own ego have no anything to say but insults.

Comment

So you believe that linux kernel developers know better the hardware than manufacturers. Nouveau vs Nvidia proprietary is a good example of poor open source code.
            No, I didn't say that. You keep putting words on people's mouths just so you can have your mental masturbation

Nobody can trust proprietary code, because nobody besides the owner can see what it does. It doesn't matter if Nouveau is poorly coded (which for the most part is NVIDIA's fault for not properly documenting their hardware), what matters is the users' freedom to study the code, which is non-present in proprietary software.

Five, some them gamers is more than two non gamers, unixfan and his mama.
            So you believe the value of a tester is wether or not he/she plays games? No wonder people make fun of you all the time.

Comment

So you believe that for other pc components everything is well documented and open. Manufacturers do own their design and can publish anything they want.
              Which is exactly why NVIDIA is an a-hole to the Linux community.

Those who argue with me, it makes them look stupid
              That's not what I see. On every topic you post, I almost can't see one person agreeing with you. If anything, you make yourself look stupid.

I do not believe that you own R9 270X just for office use.
              I don't, I actually own it for gaming and for work (OpenCL 3D Rendering with Blender).
              Last edited by Amarildo; 14 April 2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

You just follow the media and do not know all the firmware that you have in your system. Amd and Intel cpu firmware is as proprietary than nvidia gpu driver. Linus do not show middle finger for amd or intel.
                Which I avoid when I'm using Parabola, which I use for privacy and Freedom. In Parabola there's no proprietary firmware, at all. Then when I'm gaming or working, I switch HD's (and thus the OS's as well) and the firmware is there to assist me.

Start reading this discussion from the start. There are many, who do not like ubuntu. Again, a false stupid statement from you.
                It doesn't matter if people don't like Ubuntu, people disagree in many aspects. What matters is that you make it seem like Ubuntu users are stupid and that Debian is the holy-grail of Linux, which it's not. On almost every post you make, people notice that you have some sort of deep anger and that almost nobody agrees with you. Look at the discussions you participate in, people who disagree with you are the majority (which is also seen in how many likes they get when they disprove your "arguments").

So you might know that Blender tests the system better than Firefox.
                They both serve different purposes, they test the OS in different ways, which says nothing about who's more valuable as a user.

Comment

For privacy it is better use 3G/4G network and a router with a firewall.
                  Not, it's not. A trully GNU OS with a good VPN and Tor is usually what I would go. And I don't use routers for Firewalls because I'll deploy PFSense and because my Firewall should be enough for the moment: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/am...l/master/rules

Using 100% freeware os, that is not freedom. Many hardware devices do not work without proprietary firmware.
                  Yes, that is Freedom. Being tied to proprietary firmware is prison, hardware makers know that. And in my case, as I already said, I only use Parabola for privacy/security (GPG, e-Mail, bills, simple web browsing). When I game or work, I switch HD's.

Debian is the holy-grail of Ubuntu, see
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu...opment_process
                  No Debian-family OS is the holy grail. They all use dpkg, which is slow for installing packages(Pacman installs things 10x faster). In addition, Debian has tons of bugs and problems despite having thousands of developers and older software than Arch. Arch, OTOH, is much more stable with only 30 developers and newer software. Then there are the repositorie management, which Debian itself can't handle because it doesn't allow the users to select one package from a repo (in /etc/apt/preferences) and deny all others, because the rule to deny all others will overwrite the rule to allow one or two programs from that repo. A complete mess.

The good thing about Debian is that it runs on pretty much ANYTHING. Plus, they (almost completely) follow the FSF philosophy out-of-the-box.

I moved away from Debian when fglrx's maintainer didn't fix a simple OpenCL problem for more than 2 months, which shows how little he cares about being a "developer". Then, after fixing the OpenCL problem, he introduced another problem, but this time in regards to fglrx-libgl1. I can't work on a system that is so poorly taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
                    That's not what I see. On every topic you post, I almost can't see one person agreeing with you. If anything, you make yourself look stupid.
                    I'm afraid you are fighting a lost battle, buddy. Our friend debianxfce is obviously the world's greatest idiot or the world's greatest troll. No later than last week (s)he argued how (s)he knew better than myself whether or not I was happy using network-manager :/
                    Last edited by jacob; 14 April 2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I never had to put someone in an "Ignore List", but I'm very tempted to do that with "debianxfce".
                      Last edited by Amarildo; 15 April 2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X