All The Places You Can Find Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
    You know, in every forum I'm present, no such troll would be allowed to exist, but for some reason it's allowed here in Phoronix.
    You haven't spent much time on FreeBSD's "Off Topic" forum, then ;-)
    Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
    (if the moron is actually a man).
    Perhaps he's actually an artificially (un)intelligent bot!

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Those who argue with me, it makes them look stupid. Gaming tests the system better than office use. I do not believe that you own R9 270X just for office use.
      Which is of no significance, at all.
      The discussion (if you can call it that) was about UX. If anything, gamers are probably less qualified in that regard (launching Steam doesn't exactly require a well designed desktop).

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        For privacy it is better use 3G/4G network
        Better than what? Unsecured or WEP encrypted wifi? 3G/4G come short in terms of privacy.

You are almost there, keep learning how Metro: Last Light do stress test the os.
        Ok. That about confirms my suspicions. 13 year old in front of his mother's laptop.
        That's not even remotely how an actual engineer (which you claim to be) does stress tests.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

I think you may have misunderstood my post. That's precisely my point: many people don't know or care what they have on their own PC, yet alone which software is running a distant server (insofar they realise at all that there even is, in fact, a server somewhere). So counting any remote interaction with an Ubuntu machine as an Ubuntu user doesn't make any more sense that counting as Ubuntu users people who walk into a brick-and-mortar travel agency to book a flight just because internally the airline happens to have a database running on an Ubuntu server to manage the bookings.
          I just missed this post when it was made, and I want to reply, sorry it's so late.

I just disagree that's all. My mother uses facebook every single day, so does that make her a facebook user? Yes, absolutely. Because she's a user of facebooks products does that mean she needs to be aware of what OS facebook deploys its products on? No. Besides as I already said I don't end user awareness matters much or even at all.

In your travel agency analogy the vacationer almost certainly couldn't be considered a linux user, but that travel agent certainly is (even though he/she most likely doesn't have a clue). When I say "end user", I'm talking about the person sitting in front of a machine which uses that product in some way. Your ATM analogy from a few posts ago, Yes ATM users are os2 Warp users as well. Check out cashiers are usually also os2 Warp users. They don't have to be aware of it, they only have to be trained to use it.
          Last edited by duby229; 18 April 2016, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X