All The Places You Can Find Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce

Your point being? You said that Unity requires "more mouse moves and clicks", and I told you it doesn't even need a mouse if you take 5 minutes to learn how to use it. So, what is exactly your argument here?

Unity and gnome3 are for dummies, who wants to be one.
    Your opinion, nothing else, and surely not a universal truth.

Kde does not have freely configurable xfce whisker menu, In plasma desktop 5.60 you can only delete the bottom panel. In xfce you can move panels freely. Login and logout from login manager is 6 times slower than with Xfce.
    Again, please tell me exactly what can't you do with a KDE menu that you can do with XFCE whisker menu?

Please provide concrete arguments in your answers, or else it is a bit difficult to find any credibility in them. Thank you.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Historically mouse is 100 years modern way to control a computer than a keyboard.

Historical facts are universal truth.

Kde menus (2 are in 5.60) are wild and require more mouse clicks and movements than in xfce whisker menu. You can not configure the menus in kde, in xfce you can adjust the size and other things.

You sure have your fair share of dogmas. Enjoy them.

Best regards

Comment

Ubuntu is a religion like ms windows. Other distros are more better technically (*). Both control users and their computer is not their. Ubuntu is not used in space, that tells something.
        http://www.computerweekly.com/blogs/...o-airlock.html

Replace win with ubuntu in this video, then you get the picture:
        Discussion: http://www.cupoflinux.com/SBB/index.php/topic,4334.0.html

(*) fex, why make different distribution for only stupid tweaked desktops and 1.5GB iso files when you can use 27MB net installer and select from eight desktop like in debian.
        Lol I can't tell if you have serious English troubles, or you're one of those people who doesn't think before you type.

Comment

Historically mouse is 100 years more modern way to control a computer than a keyboard.

Historical facts are universal truth.
          Then tell me this: is it faster to select and copy text using Ctrl+Shift+Arrow keys and then hitting Ctrl+C or can you do it faster with the mouse? Because if it newer, it must be better in every possible way, right?
          Though you've started with religion and are now arguing about universal truths. I have to admit, I'm not particularly good at communicating with people that don't have doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Well, maybe, but I guess the question to be answered is, would there even be a paypal or a twitter or a google without linux? I really doubt it, so whether people are aware of it is irrelevant.
            I believe that's really wild speculation territory. What would the world look like if Linux didn't exist? Maybe ***BSD would have taken its place, or maybe the open source BSDs wouldn't be any more relevant than the GNU Hurd because it was Linux, not GNU or BSD, who made open source what it has become. Perhaps paypal and google would be the same, just running on Solaris or Windows Server instead (or SCO!), or maybe the Internet wouldn't ever have boomed the way it did, who knows? The point is, it's not Ubuntu's merit either. I very much love Ubuntu as my primary desktop OS, but claiming that anyone who has ever made an online payment or looked at their grandkids' photos on Facebook is an "Ubuntu user" is worse Bullsh*t that anything that ever came out of the RIAA's spin department.

Comment

Window buttons in wrong place (left)
              The wrong place for whom? Last I checked, the majority of people still used the right hand to move the mouse.
              The wider arch generally feels more controllable and, on a multimonitor setup, you don't accidentally move your mouse to the next screen (which happens to me a lot on Windows. Mostly due to the fact that the mouse cursor is usually located in the right section of the screen, due to placement of the Post button on forums, the scrollbar and the likes).

Comment

Most people are right handed so left buttons is a idiotic solution. And do not continue by writing that left handed people are more clever, because they are not when they are fans of technically poorer osx or ubuntu.
                See? That's where you're wrong and fail on a technical level.
                The left buttons are more comfortable for right-handed people (see explanation above).

Lol is not English by the way and you are using it too often.
                "LOL" is short for laughing out loud. That's very much English, I'm afraid.
                Last edited by unixfan2001; 08 April 2016, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Using a text editor is different thing than using a desktop.
                  And again, you dodge the answer to a simple question. There are text editors on a desktop, so can you please wager an answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post
                    Lol I can't tell if you have serious English troubles, or you're one of those people who doesn't think before you type.
                    The latter.

Comment

Wider arch requires more hand movement, then your control is not so good.
                      So, you don't like moving your right hand more than 1cm to perform an action? And if you do have to move it further than 1cm then you lose control of your movements. How do you get any work done with such poor mouse control?

Also, what if your mouse cursor happens to be on the left side of the screen, very near the top left corner of a window and you have to move it all the way to the right side to close the window? Isn't that bad as well? Or do you always keep your mouse cursor on the right half of the screen?

Comment

Working...
                      X