No announcement yet.

Linux Gaming Marketshare Regressed So Far 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendor support, Vendor support, Vendor support is what I say. Until then I don't think much will happen. We can't all have Nvidia everything, afterall.

Comment

I got the survey some month back and decided not to answer since I know it has a broken bias. I see no point in trying to make it "look" better, I'd rather have it be wrong in an obvious way.

Comment

The thing is, while it is definitely possible to play on Linux, there are basically no advantages. The gfx drivers situation is still a big mess and the selection of games is a small subset of what is available on Windows. We'll see if Steam Machines can make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
          We'll see if Steam Machines can make a difference.
          They've been out for quite some time. They have bad reviews, just like the controller itself. No wonder people don't rush to buy them.

Comment

I think Valve should have worked with Nvidia AND AMD to get their drivers up to snuff, that includes adding in all the VSYNC / SLI Methods correctly.

Comment

When even valve has zero push towards Linux what can you expect? The latest proof: valve oculus tool only runs on windows

Comment

And people still don't know how statistics work...

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

They've been out for quite some time. They have bad reviews, just like the controller itself. No wonder people don't rush to buy them.
                  They've been out for quite some time. : false, or maybe 3 month is an eternity for you?
                  They have bad reviews : false, they have an average of 7/10 which is mixxed at least, very good at best

"It's a haters world"

Comment

This is pretty much in line with the available statistics on linux desktop usage. Why should the average Joe, quite happy in his windows ecosystem (well, he has to reinstall every so many months, but, who cares) switch to a new OS, with new things to learn, piss poor driver support, basically no AAA games available, and no support for whatever 3rd party software he is "obliged" to use?

Comment

Where are triple A games? Where are exclusives? Where's marketing? Where are stable Linux distros which sport brand new hardware support out of the box? Nowhere to be found? Ah, right.

Comment

Working...
                      X