No announcement yet.

Developer Claims: "A New, Fast & Unbreakable Encryption Algorithm"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When all of you including the author at this website mock him, how do you expect anyone to be motivated in developing something? When I see these comments specially from the author, I change my mind whenever I want to subscribe to Phoronix Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by ketetefid View Post
      When all of you including the author at this website mock him, how do you expect anyone to be motivated in developing something? When I see these comments specially from the author, I change my mind whenever I want to subscribe to Phoronix Premium.
      He mocks himself when he claims unbreakable.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
        Don't be so hard on the guy, he moved it to git. And a dynamically changing encryption algorithm is a great idea, if properly executed, but at least according to the Imitation Game, wasn't the computer as we know it practically invented to break exactly that kind of an encryption?
        AFAIK, it was cracked quickly by a very slow machine because it only had to crack repeated words that it knew would be there, and then they would get the correct sequence to decode the messages. But, what if while trying to crack it, the message changes due to your meddling?

Comment

Meh. You don't need to be a mathematician for everything. Some brilliant things in science have come from completely out of the box thinking. I am sure the fellas idea has some flaws for now but I'm sure he will figure them out.

Comment

Agreed. Its rather disgusting actually.

Comment

I guess these responses come with delusion of grandeur. Seriously though, I have studies math and I did courses on cryptography - and I am still by no means an expert, but I know the vastness of the topic and the amount I dont know or did not truly understand.
              If a guy like him claims to have found the best encryption yet ("unbreakable" is just nonsense), without any knowledge or experienced people testing this for some years, taking it seriously is a insult to anyone truly invested in the topic.

No one is against new ideas, but be humble - the chance that you are wrong are rather high if you dont have experience

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post

Agreed. Its rather disgusting actually.
                Well, the guy makes some really bold statements that are unlikely to be true (e.g. "unbreakable"), but doesn't have any proof for that. He think some of his ideas (e.g. changing the key dynamically) are completely novel, but they are not. He also shows a great lack of understanding of the underlying cryptography theory. Nobody cares whether this guy has a math degree or whatever, but he seems quite incompetent and naive. That is why people or mocking this.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

Curious. Why is the above post in German?
                  That's actually what happens when you apply Hohha to English plaintext. Curiously, the output is always in German.

Comment

USE OPTIMIZED VERSIONS!

Sure, any day, there is already great optimization of RNGs floating around.

int getRandomNumber()
                    {
                    return 4; //chosen by fair dice roll.
                    }

Now let's do the same about encryption. Wouldn't it be sweet to XOR everything with our random number? We all know it is impossible to break XOR aganist random stream of numbers, so let optimize it a bit and let ciphertext to be input ^ getRandomNumber(). I guess assembly optimization can hit like a several Gbytes per second on modern hardware

Comment

Best thing such "experts" can do is not even try to touch encryption, if they can't handle what it takes. Because those who can actually do encryption algo right would not dare to post bold claims about their algos before...
                      1) It passes all automatic encryption and entropy test suites without dececting anything bad at all by these. I.e. algo must expose uniform distribution regardless of input and key, etc.
                      2) Security experts would spend their time and would not see obvious ways to break it. It would not happen before 1) is complete.

And if someone claims his algo is secure without doing 1) and 2) which takes at least several years to do it right, it is virtually 100% chance it is incompetent person and the only "achievement" of this person is a shameless self-advertisement. This is not a development. This is just DAMN SPAM AND SHAMELESS SELF ADVERTISEMENT. And of course it do not have to be encouraged by any means, spam is a harmful activity.

So if you want to tell us we should read whatever self-advertisement spam and have positive opinion about it, it not going to happen. Even if you pay for premium or whatever. And if you just want to do some advertisement, go pay for advertisement, dude. Though I guess even advertisement companies can refuse to publish clearly deceiving and wrong statements due to internal policies or fear of violaring laws & regulatons.

Comment

Working...
                      X