Systemd 227 Released: "Lots Of New Awesomeness"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

Dude... you've been around here long enough to know that's not how things work around here, otherwise pal666 and others would have been banned long ago for being aggressive and abrasive.
    Oh I know, but I still hold out hope that the old mods might poke their heads in and toss out the occasional ban for attacks / trolling / being excessively aggressive like they used to. Guy can dream.
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      Bit of a necropost from five pages ago, but lol, wut?

Why would you move off Linux if you've got a powerful gaming-standard GPU? Is there anything that you can do on FreeBSD or any other non-Linux *nix system that could use that card?

And even if I'm wrong and you can boot Steam on one of those things, couldn't you just instead use Gentoo, Slackware or any other of the tinfoil-hat distros that aren't going to use systemd anytime soon?
      What an utterly bizarre point of view.... FYI, gaming on Windows 10, with DX12 is OK. Bro, take the blinkers off!

Tinfoil-hat? Ok, so jnr has not heard of Edward Snowdon. Bro, take the blinkers off x2.

GreekGeek :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        you are several years late. it was discussed to death by sane people long ago. now only braindead haters are left forever "migrating to freebsd"(which is developing systemd-inspired thingy right now)

Your definition of sanity, is absent and your manifestation of hubris and projected anger, underlies the same. But don't let me stop you throwing the toys outta ya pram, you make a charming spectacle of your self and contribute nothing whatsoever useful to the thread.

#dietroll

Comment

• Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

It seems like any Phoronix article regarding systemd becomes a lengthy forum argument that makes the incivility of the LKML look civilized by comparison.

Tiz true and tiz pity tiz true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ericg View Post

Oh I know, but I still hold out hope that the old mods might poke their heads in and toss out the occasional ban for attacks / trolling / being excessively aggressive like they used to. Guy can dream.
            I don't remember this ever being the case as long as I've been around these forums. 'Course to be honest I wouldn't trust most members of this forum with mod powers, you're level headed enough that you're on the very short list of exceptions I would actually support being in such a position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

I don't remember this ever being the case as long as I've been around these forums. 'Course to be honest I wouldn't trust most members of this forum with mod powers, you're level headed enough that you're on the very short list of exceptions I would actually support being in such a position.
              Well I appreciate the compliment

And maybe the old mod was just as annoyed by it as I was. There was a couple trolls who kept making new accounts every time their old ones would get banned -just- to troll systemd and Wayland threads, get really aggressive with developers (and me after I did The Wayland Situation), and basically do anything they could to start flame fests. I stopped reporting posts and eventually just grabbed the direct-to-post URL, copied it into an email and fired it off to the old mod directly with the text "He's back" anytime I saw one of his usual posts. Day or so later he'd be back under a new name and I'd be firing off a new email. He did eventually stop coming around here though, so cheers to that.
              All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                What an utterly bizarre point of view.... FYI, gaming on Windows 10, with DX12 is OK.
                On other hand, Win10 EULA is not ok. And if gamers fail to understand it, no surprise why gamers are often considered to be stupid. If someone fails to read and agrees with all bullshit written in win10 draconian EULA, they are morons.

Ok, so jnr has not heard of Edward Snowdon.
                Hey, "geek", calm down and learn how to type "Snowden" at least.

Comment

• About systemd again:

I?t seems that people complaining about systemd has extremely low IQ ( or people with nothing to do ) otherwise you should make a team and create your own linux distro

and sell that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
                    On other hand, Win10 EULA is not ok. And if gamers fail to understand it, no surprise why gamers are often considered to be stupid. If someone fails to read and agrees with all bullshit written in win10 draconian EULA, they are morons.

Hey, "geek", calm down and learn how to type "Snowden" at least.

QED you therefore conceed your are wrong in fact to propose "Why would you move off Linux if you've got a powerful gaming-standard GPU? Is there anything that you can do on FreeBSD or any other non-Linux *nix system that could use that card?"

As for the typo. Meh! LOL.

Greekgeek :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                      QED you therefore conceed your are wrong in fact to propose "Why would you move off Linux if you've got a powerful gaming-standard GPU?
                      Uhm? I do not remember where I've proposed such thing, in first place. Are you sure it was ME? So I do not really get what you're trying to prove and why you think it is "QED".

However, I can admit I have R9 270X GPU on my "primary" desktop and some few HD5xxx and HD67xx on other PCs. These all running Linux, and in fact I can admit I like how R9 270X performs these days in Linux. And older HD5/6K are looking reasonable, too. Not sure if R9 270X counts as hardcore gaming GPU, but to my taste its quite powerful number cruncher and I got idea I like it. And btw, I do not have any windows on my PCs. Because I think their EULA suxx and closed source approach is obsolete and implies numerous pitfalls, ripoffs and limitations. In Windows I can't even report driver bug. In Linux... over time, AMD devs have eliminated virtually all bugs affecting me I've reported here and there. Whatever, I'm kinda impressed how this process performs overall. I think its right way to go.

Is there anything that you can do on FreeBSD or any other non-Linux *nix system that could use that card?"
                      Not really sure why you direct this question to me. From what I can see, FreeBSD is bad at graphics. These days they seem to use something like code from Linux kernel 3.8 for AMD GPUs, which is something like 3 years old or so. Even my OpenWRT router runs more recent kernel. Kernel 3.8 does not realy supports GCN-based GPUs and probably lacks many other features. To my taste, FreeBSD project management looks like clusterfuck. I can't imagine better words when it takes 3 years to rip off driver code from Linux kernel and then it completely lacks nouveau part. Needless to say I have zero wish to deal with such projects. I wouldn't consider this mess as my desktop. So why you direct such questions to me? I think Linux development process beats other *nix stuff to the dust. Its not Linux fault they have their project management fucked up while Torvalds proven to be a really remarkable project management guru.

Comment

Working...
                      X