AMD Dismisses Another 5% Of Its Workforce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Yep, pretty much. The best way to think of them is like this, the kernel drivers provide hardware support, xorg ddx provides the xorg interface, the mesa drivers are the OpenGL drivers, and the LLVM compilers provide the native code that GPU's execute.

EDIT: Internally catalyst has a similar division of labor, it's just packaged all together.

Ah okay now the driver modules make a lot more sense... i wonder if its the old LLVM thats preventing the install of catalyst on 4.x kernel... or would waiting for AMDGPU be better than catalyst...

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Yep, pretty much. The best way to think of them is like this, the kernel drivers provide hardware support, xorg ddx provides the xorg interface, the mesa drivers are the OpenGL drivers, and the LLVM compilers provide the native code that GPU's execute.

EDIT: Internally catalyst has a similar division of labor, it's just packaged all together.
      You two should open another thread for learning sequence. Here AMD looses 5% of his body, have respect. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

You two should open another thread for learning sequence. Thanks.

Is it not what this website is for? or is it only for promoting NVidia benchmarks?? I mean this is an AMD topic.....

Comment

Originally posted by BEZZiiE View Post

Ah okay now the driver modules make a lot more sense... i wonder if its the old LLVM thats preventing the install of catalyst on 4.x kernel... or would waiting for AMDGPU be better than catalyst...
          No, I doubt that's it. Catalyst has it's own internal compiler, I don't think it uses LLVM. It also has it's own kernel driver that uses an open source shim. That shim has already been patched to support the 4.2 kernel at least. Dungeon knows how to make it work.

Comment

Is it not what this website is for? or is it only for promoting NVidia benchmarks??
            You got it, it promote nVidia benchmarks.

You can open another threads and asking another questions, this one is as title said about hospitilized AMD. So he need to rest a bit in silence.
            Last edited by dungeon; 02 October 2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

You got it, it promote nVidia benchmarks.

You can open another threads and asking another questions, this one is as title said about hospitilized AMD. So he need to rest a bit in silence.

You are stupid, We are talking about fixing AMD problems on linux, how is that talking bad about them losing 5% of their workforce.... we get it review sites still giving AMD horrible reviews, "telling people to wait on the next generation every time a new generation comes out" and "You should go with Intel/nVidia for best performance." but for people who can't shell out 1000$ mobo/process + another 1000$ for an nvidia card, have to talk about fixing their hardware, btw thanks intel for buying the market and vendors from under AMD back in 2001 might have actually had competition and money for development on both Windows and Linux at this day and age..
              Last edited by BEZZiiE; 02 October 2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

You are stupid
                Thanks

We are talking about fixing AMD problems on linux
                There is no AMD problems on linux

how is that talking bad about them losing 5% of their workforce....
                You can talk about Intel/nVidia then, because this loose are because of PC market (500 people now, 700 people last year and so on)... 1200 people, why zero for Linux i dunno - PC is not there i guess

we get it review sites still giving AMD horrible reviews, "telling people to waiting on the next generation every time a new generation comes out" and "You should go with Intel/nVidia for best performance." but for people who can't shell out 1000$ for mobo and processor have to talk about fixing their hardware, btw thanks intel for buying the market and vendors from under AMD.
                And you talk about it indeed now, that is fine.
                Last edited by dungeon; 02 October 2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

There is no AMD problems on linux
                  Ummm Catalyst problems?? did you not read the last 3 pages? im just going to stop talking because you are of no help.

Guess if i needed help on this site id need to own an nVidia card is there any other site that reports decent AMD help? guru3d maybe?
                  Last edited by BEZZiiE; 02 October 2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Ummm Catalyst problems??
                    There is no Catalyst problems.

did you not read the last 3 pages? im just going to stop talking because you are of no help.
                    You came out of nowhere with zero posts, just to tell me i am stupid Thanks on that and welcome.

Comment

Can someone please help me get Catalyst working on Kernel 4.2 i know it can be done... i replicate the install that i found from an article but its still missing prerequisites that are already installed. Much appreciated

Mainly "linux-headers-4.2.0-11-generic" I know its not officially supported Kernel but it has been patched so the dev's say and people have had success installing it, not me.
                      Last edited by BEZZiiE; 02 October 2015, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X