Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    some triaged
    So, there is actual Catalyst problems? I don't believe that would happen without another five pages.
    some are old
    Yeah, and still unresolved, like this one or this one, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
      So, there is actual Catalyst problems?
      No, there are no problems which can be fixed in this thread.

Most problems should be completely isolated to be fixed, and most of them just depend and talks about user, his os, his setup, etc... i am not sure if 10% maximum of those was actual real bugs in driver and on that percentage wishlist is included.
      Last edited by dungeon; 02 October 2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Maybe is not that bad, outsourcing can be a good idea. And AMD seems to have a good future with the next low-level API generation, I think than in the future they will be in a better position.

Comment

I was looking to get an Alienware 15" Laptop with a new Skylake processor and of course and AMD graphics card but called the help number as there didn't appear to be a 4k screen option anymore. The person on the phone wasn't very helpful and really tired to get me to buy an nVidia card stating that 90% of their sales were nVidia which sounds like a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy to me. AMD aren't going to get sales if you deliberately force them down the nVidia road

Comment

Yeah, and still unresolved, like this one or this one, etc.
            Yes still unresolved, like this one and this one:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist...resolution=---

And this for intel:

And another one for nouveau:

Those are just DRI unresolved bugs per some of the drivers, but there are others if you want?

Now choose your driver by STILLtm bugzilla's unresolved bugs
            Last edited by dungeon; 02 October 2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

There is no Catalyst problems.
              Yeah, this is not going to happen without another five pages for sure - you just can't admit you lied.
              And I not talking with you about any other drivers, I talking only about Catalyst and this "There is no Catalyst problems" false statement.

Comment

Yeah, this is not going to happen without another five pages for sure - you just can't admit you lied.
                He, he, why you listen what i am talking to another man?

And I not talking with you about any other drivers, I talking only about Catalyst and this "There is no Catalyst problems" false statement.
                No, it is not false statement. There are no problem for you or any other until you describe it in a way that we can both conclude it is actually problem with a driver.. it can be easely something else.

If you want to tell that any driver has bugs yes they have it all, any of them on any OS... but that does not have any meaning for particular man who just want to make it work as he wish.
                Last edited by dungeon; 02 October 2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Scroll page up, click to links in my message, read it carefully, and try to answer again.

Comment

Scroll page up, click to links in my message, read it carefully, and try to answer again.
                    I readed those bugs There is no question for me there, so there is no answer here.

Do you think i am in laboratory right now and trying to reproduce those particular problems? Are they your problems?

But i guess Neuro is you in one of them, so OK... I see two problems there in that one bug... first is why it tear so badly without and what badly exactly means, is that something that even plain vsync can't solve? Another one looks exactly what i tell you up there, it is kind of whishlist - you are to one who trying TearFree to be available in CCC on your muxless APU+dGPU combo, so can't say for sure maybe that really isn't supported on that particular setup.. so it just looks to me kind of wishlist bug.
                    Last edited by dungeon; 02 October 2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                      To give some of you folks perspective, just after we merged with Apple from NeXT and Steve came on as iCEO he announced cutting of 50% of the staff from 10k to 5k world-wide. Today, the company proper is well past 100k plus regulard full-time. Steve cut 26 product lines to 4. Streamlined marketing from 26 individual groups to 1. So on and so forth.
                      Ah, someone with wisdom has chimed in! Yes it is extremely common during the recreation of a company to simplify the interior communication and layers of a company. This is exactly what Ulysses Grant did to the United States military in the mid 1900s.

Also, restructuring upon the introduction of a new CEO breaks up clicks, allegiances, and preconceptions that could lead to descents about how "things should be run", and about "how X was better when Y was running the company". The reality is that companies are not democracies, they're dictatorships - and the appropriate response to a stagnant unprofitable company is dramatic change which often involves a fresh infusion and simplification of personnel. Sure they might have lost 10 excellent employees but the overall health of the company is likely to improve for the 40 bringing it down.

This reminds me of the The Mythical Man-Month whose central theme is that "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later". Simplification is efficiency.

To everyone who lost their job, my condolences - I'm sure with your skill sets you're future will be bright on new roads, so dust off your feet and transcend to bigger and better things.

Comment

Working...
                      X