KDBUS Merging Prospects Get Debated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    I don't think anybody said anything about stupidly simple. In fact everybody wants a capable init whether they know it or not. But systemd aint that, it's a whole lot more then that.
    And what you, and many other members of the anti-systemd crowd, fail to understand is that a lot of people want something that is "a whole lot more than that". You don't, that's fine. But you are not everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
      That is how kdbus works too.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't do read()/write() nor any socket systemcall on kdbus virtual filesystem.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobi View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't do read()/write() nor any socket systemcall on kdbus virtual filesystem.
        It appears this is indeed the case. My apologies. Although it does seem this could be added if there was sufficient interest.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post

It appears this is indeed the case. My apologies. Although it does seem this could be added if there was sufficient interest.
          Yeah, I installed kdbus to see if it worked, but it doesn't. I wonder if making it possible would help get it merged, but I suspect that there's enough code already that needs reviewing.

Comment

Originally posted by psychoticmeow View Post
            Yeah, I installed kdbus to see if it worked, but it doesn't. I wonder if making it possible would help get it merged, but I suspect that there's enough code already that needs reviewing.
            According to a lwn article, nobody seemed interested in the feature. I think if it would make a difference in getting it merged, it would be implemented. However, I have read the mailing list threads and don't recall any of the reviewers mentioning it.

Comment

Working...
            X