OPW/Outreachy Has 30 Summer Projects For Encouraging Women In Open-Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
    that was not the point, I said that for a killing delikt with no low motives you get here in germany 5 or maybe even less years.

in usa what I call men slaugther seems to be a second degree of murder in your country. when I look what you call manslaughter its what we call "fahrlaessige Toetung" or something like that. thats even a less big thing.

so you often give them live long sentences, we put the same persons in prison for 3 to 7 years or so (at least the ones with no low motive what we call man slaughter), still thi persons dont very often do kinn others after they get released. if that would be so, we would not have 0.8 homocides per 100.000 people and your country 4.7 so 6 times.

As you can see it's a state by state thing

Also once again you cannot compare the Germany to the US, You can only compare federations to federations, and states/countries to countries, particularly on matters where the laws vary widely.

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
    And I dont care if its tho USA goverment level or the state that makes such stupid desitions, and I disagree USA is not a loose club than the EU is, you have a president that makes laws that directly apply to all USA people. you pay taxes directly to the federal level we have nothing like that. EUs law desitions dont apply to a state, we are then asked to make that to national laws but we can and have refused to do that, we maybe then get some fines but there is no automatic and its not extreme big fines. so basicly we are complete seperate countries, we are on top of that in a club, we can leave at any time we want.

I dont say that this is better, some of the problems we have today we have because of this system with 1 currency but more or less completly diffent laws, and 0 solidarity between our countries. In germany itself we have such subcountries, thats much more like your states then the EU is working.

So USA is a state EU is not. Or lets say it like that USA is 50 to 80% a state, EU is 5 to 20% a State.
    You have no understanding of how Federal systems work do you?

In terms of Criminal Law the Federal government only has Jurisdiction over 2 areas:
    1). Crimes involving the crossing of state borders.
    2). Disputes over the constitutionality of a state or federal law

As a result of this Someone can do stuff that is illegal federally but legal inside a state, and as long as he doesn't do it while crossing state borders he's fine. Inside Colorado for example pot is completely legal, now on the other hand buying pot in Colorado and taking it to say Arizona is illegal because as by crossing state borders you're now in violation of federal law. The same is true in all due reality for all federal laws from a structural standpoint. That said it is true that in practice the federal government oversteps this bound, however this is by offering states bags of money for complying with federal program x, y, or z.

States have almost complete autonomy as regards their criminal codes as long as it is in compliance with the US Constitution

Comment

you have a president that makes laws that directly apply to all USA people.
      The Legislature MAKES the laws, the Executive Approves the Laws, the Judicial enforces the law.

US Gov 101.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        The Legislature MAKES the laws, the Executive Approves the Laws, the Judicial enforces the law.

US Gov 101.
        but this legislature makes also federal laws that directly apply. tax laws as example you have to pay that not only if you cross states or what?

your system is completly retarded anyway, you dont have a democracy or lets call it minimal thinkable democracy. with people in one states votes count less than in other states.

So taking your completly insane ond broken system as excuse for stupid laws is not something I will accept.

And I said that its unfair because some of the stuff I said is really only true in one country. But even we in EU got it done to banish death sentense even the evil evil putin got that done, so why cant you do that?

Whatever... point is your country has big issues maybe some states are better some worse but you make wars as example in irak that have desastreus results like ISIS and you do that as one thing call it state, states, superstate, we in europe have also every state its own armee no superstate-armee.

So maybe in law matters its more seperated but in general usa is more like one (SUPER)-state then EU is.

and as long as you are close to a failed state the talk about equality between sex seems to me not biggest priority

Comment

but this legislature makes also federal laws that directly apply. tax laws as example you have to pay that not only if you cross states or what?
          Okay so this falls under Article 1, Section 8, Subsection 1
          1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
          Article 1, Section 8 describes all of the powers granted to congress, http://constitutionus.com/#a1s8 if you're interested.

The reason that taxation is required is that the US Federal government operates on an active regulatory system as opposed to a passive regulatory system like the EU, and also as well operates the federal military (Which was one of the primary reasons for the shift away from the Articles of Confederation as none of the states wanted to defend DC when the north was stupid and tried to invade Canada... again)

your system is completly retarded anyway, you dont have a democracy or lets call it minimal thinkable democracy. with people in one states votes count less than in other states.
          We have a federation that operates in the manner of a representational republic at the federal level and is run differently on a state by state and local by local level.

Also you once again are showing your absolute ignorance of how any of this works. The congress has a two house system. There is the House of Representatives which operates based off of population, and the Senate which is 2 per state. What this does is give both the will of the people, and the will of the states equal representation, and a bill must past through both houses before it is finally presented to the president who may sign it into law or veto it.

To be very blunt with you, if you have no understanding of how a system works, then you have no right to judge it.

So taking your completly insane ond broken system as excuse for stupid laws is not something I will accept.
          See above

And I said that its unfair because some of the stuff I said is really only true in one country. But even we in EU got it done to banish death sentense even the evil evil putin got that done, so why cant you do that?
          Putin banished the death sentence? Pardon me while I laugh my ass off, and tell that to all the political threats that Putin had murdered. Putin doesn't need the death penalty when he has the KGB working for him.

As far as why we haven't stopped executing dangerous criminals? It's a state right and you're going to have to ask each state that continues to support it why they personally do it, not all do. Obviously some states see value in it, and I agree with those that there is value in the state removing those who are particularly dangerous violent criminals from the planet.

Whatever... point is your country has big issues maybe some states are better some worse but you make wars as example in irak that have desastreus results like ISIS and you do that as one thing call it state, states, superstate, we in europe have also every state its own armee no superstate-armee.
          Oh come off it. You, German, least of all get to complain about that, or are we forgetting Nazi Germany, WWI, the Prussian Empire and so on. Iraq at least was done with good intentions, you people just got pissy at the french and british for wrecking your economy after WWI and the jews because they had economic smarts and so decided to revolt and conquer them.

So maybe in law matters its more seperated but in general usa is more like one (SUPER)-state then EU is.
          The US only seems a country or a superstate to the ignorant.

and as long as you are close to a failed state the talk about equality between sex seems to me not biggest priority
          *yawn*

Comment

Oh come off it. You, German, least of all get to complain about that, or are we forgetting Nazi Germany, WWI, the Prussian Empire and so on. Iraq at least was done with good intentions, you people just got pissy at the french and british for wrecking your economy after WWI and the jews because they had economic smarts and so decided to revolt and conquer them.
            rofl... we did get rid of this nazi system, not successful by our own thats right but 95-99% are not defending hitler or the system, but you defend your nazi war system. I dont have to defend or stand for nazi germany as a 35 year old guy even my dad had nothing to do with it was born after this happend.

If there is a heritage guilt, we can really look at the history how many defenseless indians natives did your ancestors kill there? We are talking about today or maybe last 20 years, and when we are here, we all said that ddr was a bad regime too, one of the biggest arguments was because of the death on the wall with the order to shoot.

Everybody did know what he risks there everybody did know its a crime there around 250 died. they were in the systems law crimials all of em. because it was forbitten to move over that wall.

So but you say to me 350 innocent proven PLUS many that nobody proove that they were innocent, (when somebody is killed it makes not so much sense to invest much time and money to proov em innocent), and many have just not the money to pay a investor or something like that.

Is acceptaple? then DDR was a legitime good system with no big problems, except maybe that you could not choose between two 2 parties that want the same like in your system. (yes you can give a 3. party a vote but its vasted because you have no koolitions-system), btw in ddr all people had houses and everybody even old people had all their teeths, everybody had work, yes their prisom system was also not good, but I dont want to start to compare there you have way much enprisoned, people in your prisons get often hit by the workers there. and so on.

I think many people in your country would dream of circumstances that were in the ddr 1985 or so.

lets not forget about vitnam, they get crippeld kids even today from your chemicals.
            Last edited by blackiwid; 05 May 2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

rofl... we did get rid of this nazi system, not successful by our own thats right but 95-99% are not defending hitler or the system, but you defend your nazi war system. I dont have to defend or stand for nazi germany as a 35 year old guy even my dad had nothing to do with it was born after this happend.
              US Nazi War system, please point to me where the US is committing war crimes against the civilian populaces of the countries we invade. Separating them into ghettos, and executing them. The people in Guantanamo are prisoners of war, and like PoWs in any country get treated like shit.

Also the US, the UK, and the USSR are the ones responsible for putting an end to Nazi Germany. Unlike the USSR through Mikhail Gorbachev, Nazi Germany was put down through use of force, and the surrender of Germany to allied forces.

What the US has done is roll into countries (like your own and Japan) and then democratize them, the problem is that in Iraq and Afghanistan the inherent social situation is not possible to democratize. Iraq has 3 social factions that hate each other and Afghanistan is a bunch of tribals who hate each other and really are not organized enough to do anything with. Bush's plan was well intentioned, but fundamentally flawed.

If there is a heritage guilt, we can really look at the history how many defenseless indians natives did your ancestors kill there? We are talking about today or maybe last 20 years, and when we are here, we all said that ddr was a bad regime too, one of the biggest arguments was because of the death on the wall with the order to shoot.
              Defenseless? Hardly, ever hear of Custer's last stand? The indians put up a damn good fight, the indians ultimately lost because Sherman being the psychopath that he was, was willing to destroy their food supplies and force them to starve. While Theodore Roosevelt's personal cavalry unit had repeaters, US forces were primarily using Muskets and Indians were using Muskets and bows.

What you have to understand is that militarily until the widespread use of the repeater the tactical advantage of a gun vs a long bow (or heavy crossbow) wasn't clear (To the point where Benjamin Franklin seriously suggested outfitting the rebel army with English Long Bows), and a British force in Africa with muskets was killed off by a tribe of Africans using spears.

And the US is no worse off than any other country on that front, the only difference is we're made to feel bad about what the US did, Europe is not made to feel bad about their similar invasions of Africa and Southeast Asia, not to mention what the various Germanic tribes did to the natives of Europe, what the Roman people did to Europe, and so on. In fact the brutal Roman Empire is glorified.

Everybody did know what he risks there everybody did know its a crime there around 250 died. they were in the systems law crimials all of em. because it was forbitten to move over that wall.
              And so they were guilty of the crime of going over the wall. The law may have been wrong but that doesn't make people who committed the crime innocent.

So but you say to me 350 innocent proven PLUS many that nobody proove that they were innocent, (when somebody is killed it makes not so much sense to invest much time and money to proov em innocent), and many have just not the money to pay a investor or something like that.
              Do you have no idea how criminal codes work at all?

Under the US Legal code if someone cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for the defendant by the state. Also once again for someone to be put on death row, they must be guilty of certain violent crimes AND they must be unanimously declared guilty by two separate juries with the prosecuted being guilty beyond reasonable doubt AND the juries must have selected the death penalty for said individual. Murder cases are also very long drawn out things all by themselves, The Jody Arias trial was started in January 2013 and they are just now getting around to ending the sentencing phase, if the jury decides on the death penalty then it'll be yet another drawn out court case.

lets not forget about vitnam, they get crippeld kids even today from your chemicals.
              Oh Vietnam was a mess alright, but you actually have the French to blame for that one. Vietnam was their colony and after they lost control, the US was called in to attempt to re-establish that control.

Comment

Wow you US-Americans are the most hated country on the world, but of course everything you seem to have done wrong was something others mistake, since when do you spring from a bridge if france tells you to do that?

I was not talking about the laywer I know that you get a bad laywer for free, I will not even say thats bad, here its basicly the same. Rich people are here also more equal than others because they can pay better layers.

I talked about after they are murdered by the state, it was proven after they are dead that they were innocent, so that must been somebody different no public state payed laywer will investigate further when the Client was put down. So if despite that somebody differnt found out that he is proven innocent

(I find it cinical to say they must have done something else to get there and its just a claim with nothing that you can show that even backs that up not to talk about a evidence) its a bit like saying when a woman got raped she either wanted it or its her fault because she was wearing to sexy outfit.

So how big do you think is the chance, if you are innocent (or lets stay on your funny argument have done something less bad, but still bad) and you could not prove your innocence (normaly you are innocent till the opposite is proven but ok) that somehow after maybe several years where you waited for the killing, and still you tried to prove it, that somehow after your dead it got proven that you are innocent, I think the chances are pretty low. So if that still hallend for 350 people you can imagine how many in reality got killed without doing the murderer, 700, 1050... even more?

Thats not Nazi level and yes this numbers are over many years but still I cant imagine a system that accepts killing innocent people as a ok cassulty not even if the numbers would be 1 per year. Only in dangerous situations to prevent a terror act I could be ok with that MAYBE!

Even then only if its clear thats a terror act. Because what happens is that somebody that runs away from police got shot in the head, ok for you us people thats maybe a daily thing, putting 50 bullets in a person because he runs away or stuff like that but in europe such things are at least a bit a scandal and it at least happens not often. (and we dont target black people specific for such actions most of the time)

and even great britan has the biggest most brutal police state they are still harmless agaist US:

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Comment

Wow you US-Americans are the most hated country on the world, but of course everything you seem to have done wrong was something others mistake, since when do you spring from a bridge if france tells you to do that?
                  You have heard of this thing called NATO right? We were obligated to get involved.

I was not talking about the laywer I know that you get a bad laywer for free, I will not even say thats bad, here its basicly the same. Rich people are here also more equal than others because they can pay better layers.
                  yep...

I talked about after they are murdered by the state, it was proven after they are dead that they were innocent, so that must been somebody different no public state payed laywer will investigate further when the Client was put down. So if despite that somebody differnt found out that he is proven innocent
                  Death Row is 15 years on average http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_row If someone was actually innocent and can afford a private inspector that's plenty enough time for them to find and appeal the judgement. I would love to see your source on this because I can almost guarantee those "innocents" are due to shifting laws not someone else committing the crime.

(I find it cinical to say they must have done something else to get there and its just a claim with nothing that you can show that even backs that up not to talk about a evidence) its a bit like saying when a woman got raped she either wanted it or its her fault because she was wearing to sexy outfit.
                  You find it cynical to say that requiring guilt beyond reasonable doubt, 2 unanimous juries, a 15 year wait, and so on means that with almost complete certainty that someone broke the law. No that's just rational, it's cynical to believe that the legal system got the wrong guy after dealing with all of that.

So how big do you think is the chance, if you are innocent (or lets stay on your funny argument have done something less bad, but still bad) and you could not prove your innocence (normaly you are innocent till the opposite is proven but ok) that somehow after maybe several years where you waited for the killing, and still you tried to prove it, that somehow after your dead it got proven that you are innocent, I think the chances are pretty low. So if that still hallend for 350 people you can imagine how many in reality got killed without doing the murderer, 700, 1050... even more?
                  I have absolute faith that if I was innocent that the standards of evidence required would prevent me from getting the death penalty. If I have been convicted by all that then that means that I have killed someone, the only question is "was it a legal killing?"

Thats not Nazi level and yes this numbers are over many years but still I cant imagine a system that accepts killing innocent people as a ok cassulty not even if the numbers would be 1 per year. Only in dangerous situations to prevent a terror act I could be ok with that MAYBE!
                  So are you okay with Abortion?

Even then only if its clear thats a terror act. Because what happens is that somebody that runs away from police got shot in the head, ok for you us people thats maybe a daily thing, putting 50 bullets in a person because he runs away or stuff like that but in europe such things are at least a bit a scandal and it at least happens not often. (and we dont target black people specific for such actions most of the time)
                  Once again you are showing absolute ignorance of how police in the US operate. People do not get shot for "running away" they get shot when there's an altercation with the police, or to put it in plain english when someone is assaulting a police officer. Even then a police officer will almost always reach for their TASER first, which unlike the police baton it replaces does not result in physical damage.

The idea that black people are targeted by the police is a lie. The reason that black and latino males are more likely than white males to be arrested has everything to do with socioeconomics and nothing at all to do with racism. Blacks and Latinos, and particularly Black and Latino communities are significantly more likely to be living at the poverty line, whereas the average white community is going to be middle or upper class. People at the poverty line are significantly more likely to become involved in crime and have problems with gangs. As a result Blacks and Latinos are more likely to be involved in crime, areas that are prone to crime are more likely to be heavily policed. You can confirm this for yourself by taking a stroll through an upper class neighborhood, a middle class neighborhood, and then a lower class neighborhood.

and even great britan has the biggest most brutal police state they are still harmless agaist US:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...lled-100-years
                  You do realize that the UK is significantly smaller than the US right? Approximately 1/6 the population. This is the same fallacy used by people who want to claim that dogs are more dangerous than sharks, when you have a significantly larger population/encounter rate you will have significantly larger numbers. Also when there are riots, particularly when there are violent riots like is happening in baltimore The police are forced to be freer with use of deadly force by the situation. The current situation is certainly not: situation normal.
                  Last edited by Luke_Wolf; 06 May 2015, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Wasn't one of the points of Guantanamo that it's not technically American soil so certain restrictions towards have PoW's can be treated by American federal law don't apply?

Comment

• I dont have interest to talk to a right wing even a red wind in amerika when a "left" wing guy in your country would be worse than our right wing asholes.
                      Your "left" democrats are for death sentence, not even radical right wing parties are for this. this a complete absurd opposite of anything world you live in.

which fashist organisation did lie about your great justice system amnesti international , have fun to show they are not right.

to abortion, even that was not our topic, it shows again that you are from this christian taliban tribe in usa of course... it depends, I dont see that black and white, its a difficult topic. making animated horrorpictures, that dont show the real reality like you people often do does not help there, because when we want to talk about it, we should talk about the reality.

So is taking a pill to get not pregnent also wrong because partily it works the same. So the real question if you dont want to forbit even the pill, you have to talk how late is it ok to allow it.. maybe we go there to far..

The problem would be not that big, if social problems would be no thing again, many woman if not most would not do that, if the social situation for them were better. So am I in general for abortion yes, you cant stopp it anyway even if you are forbitting it, when the woman wants it they find a student or something who does it and then under uncontrolled situations, they maybe even die or cant get a baby for the rest of the live or other stuff happens.

its like with drugs, even hard drugs should be allowed, they take it anyway, its better to have that under control give them pure stuff, give em the stuff so that the dont make crime to get it...

Comment

Working...
                      X