Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Software Patent That Should Be Tossed Out

Phoronix: Another Software Patent That Should Be Be Tossed Out

Hewlett Packard has patented the identification of a failed code change by automatically running a set of tests against the set of changes for indicating the regression...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Should Be Be Tossed Out?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      Should Be Be Tossed Out?
      Doh, another long day already and somehow my eyes passed over it many times. Fixed, thanks!
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

And I always thought HP had some decency... I mean they are developing a linux based OS right now.

Comment

"A script to automate stuff I did manually before". I really don't get how thing like that can be patentable, regardless of prior art :/

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
            And I always thought HP had some decency... I mean they are developing a linux based OS right now.
            Must.
            Refrain.
            From.
            Speaking.
            As.
            An.
            Ex-HP...

Haaaard...

Comment

defensive portfolio

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
              It was not used for bad purposes yet, but I agree, that generic pattents should not be granted at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                It was not used for bad purposes yet, but I agree, that generic pattents should not be granted at all.
                Generic patents are just too darn broad and open to the patent trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceLe View Post
                  Must.
                  Refrain.
                  From.
                  Speaking.
                  As.
                  An.
                  Ex-HP...

Haaaard...
                  I know the feeling. I'm an ex Sun employee. I was there in person when McNealy stated that Linux was the backyard living bumpkin cousin to Solaris and would never amount to anything important. I knew at that moment Sun was SOL... sigh... So much stupid and koolaid drinking at these companies.

Comment

They managed to patent binary partitioning?!

How the fuck one can patent binary partitioning of search area? This is freaking ancient technique used here and there!

Comment

Working...
                    X