No announcement yet.

Khronos Needs Your Help Designing Next-Generation OpenGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Windows 7 gets its 7 version numbering , what the shit is that 7 version, where is 6

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      How Windows 7 gets its 7 version numbering , what the shit is that 7 version, where is 6
      And why not 9 but 10

When Microsoft announced its newest operating system, the surprise was not that it was coming, but that Windows would be skipping 9 and headed straight to 10. So why, exactly, is Windows 10 getting the nod instead of 9?

People must be so stupid always

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
        Then D3D12 and the OGL 5 are more or less the same? A BF4 dev from Dive twittered some time ago that the D3D12 Spec reads like the Mantle documentation.
        No, OpenGL 4.5 is more featured than Direct3D 12. Btw, Mantle is derived from Direct3D 12, not wise versa.

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
          No, OpenGL 4.5 is more featured than Direct3D 12. Btw, Mantle is derived from Direct3D 12, not wise versa.
          Nonsense.

Comment

If they are looking for a name OpenMantleX13 would be the best.

Comment

Anyone mentioning higher number sounds better is the worst jargon trash I have ever heard.

Comment

maybe "sdl gl" or simple direct grafics aka sdg or simple grafics library sgl or SimpleGL or DirectGL SdlGL would be good.

Because opengl is to sdl kind of the same as Direct3d is to DirectInput/DirectSound... then you could call the whole thing sdAll or sdcomplete whatever... something in this direction?

Comment

Somehow I always associate "core profile" with modern OpenGL. So I'd suggest something containing "core", even though it sounds a bit overused. Maybe "CoreGL"? I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
                    Originally maybe. Afaik DX12 has gotten major enhancements still in late 2014 while Mantle has been out for ages

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
                      Somehow I always associate "core profile" with modern OpenGL. So I'd suggest something containing "core", even though it sounds a bit overused. Maybe "CoreGL"? I'm not sure.
                      That sounds so Appley they probably have a trademark on it already

Comment

Working...
                      X