Systemd Gains IP Forwarding, IP Masquerading & Basic Firewall Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Like I said... Go to gentoo forums and search.
    No, sorry, we aren't doing your homework for you. If you are making the claim, it is up to you to provide the evidence for that claim.

Comment

Originally posted by r_a_trip View Post
      If you have it, why not directly include the link?

It's in this mess of nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        No, sorry, we aren't doing your homework for you. If you are making the claim, it is up to you to provide the evidence for that claim.
        It's up to you to educate your own damn self. If you choose to remain ignorant that's your fault.

You need to put the blame right where it belongs. There are hundreds of threads and thousands of posts. You can take your own time.

Comment

Hell, if you'd like I can even quote LP when he promised someday that systemd would make it impossible for concept of "distributions" to work.
          I can see a future where you're connected to the internet and boot off a USB drive. If it's small enough it could be included as a boot option built into a motherboard. You get a dropdown list of 'distributions' or the option to cherrypick packages to be installed, pick one out, hit okay, get a warning dialog about it downloading quite a few things or something like that. Then it automatically downloads and installs all the packages needed, etc. You could even have a hotkey assigned to switching from desktop to desktop, like Fedora to Ubuntu to Debian Server. How would it all work? No idea.

Edit: Reading the link posted now. Edit time will expire by the time I'm done.
          Last edited by profoundWHALE; 14 January 2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I have read them. Have you? Can you point to something specifically incorrect about my summary?

You can have multiple logging tools running at the same time with systemd just fine. You can even turn of systemd's logging entirely.

The fact that nobody else wants to maintain an alternative doesn't mean no alternatives are possible.

Nothing to do with systemd, this was an upstream kernel decision.

You obviously have no idea what your talking about. cgroups for example work just fine on gentoo. There are several different methods of utilizing them. But on systemd you only get what your given and nothing else.

That must be systemd motto. "Live with what we give you cause that's all you're gonna get"

Comment

No, it isn't. I have read the whole thing several times, and there is nothing remotely like what you said anywhere in there.

Comment

You obviously have no idea what your talking about. cgroups for example work just fine on gentoo. There are several different methods of utilizing them. But on systemd you only get what your given and nothing else.
                The upstream kernel maintainer of cgroups removed the ability for there to be multiple cgroups managers: http://lwn.net/Articles/486402/ For someone who complains about others not doing their research, you sure haven't done much of your own. And I notice you ignored the problems with your other supposed examples.

That must be systemd motto. "Live with what we give you cause that's all you're gonna get"
                Except for the little problem where you can't actually provide any real example where this has happened.

Comment

The upstream kernel maintainer of cgroups removed the ability for there to be multiple cgroups managers: http://lwn.net/Articles/486402/ For someone who complains about others not doing their research, you sure haven't done much of your own. And I notice you ignored the problems with your other supposed examples.

Except for the little problem where you can't actually provide any real example where this has happened.
                  Well, no shit. Not at the same time, but there are different cgroup managers available that you can use individually (duh)... Unless your running a systemd system. Then your stuck.

You obviously still haven't taken the time to educate yourself.

Comment

No, it isn't. I have read the whole thing several times, and there is nothing remotely like what you said anywhere in there.
                    Yes it is... That's kinda the point of the entire article.

Comment

I'm sure people using Ubuntu Server, Cloud will be disappointed because they axed upstart, now they are forced to move all of his works to systemd, wich IMO is not very professional. Ubuntu 15.04 still does not have systemd... sure you can install it, but they should start to working on testing systemd at least...

Comment

Working...
                      X