Debian Init System Coupling Vote Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    moron, where freebsd comes into equation ?
    and why 'some linux games are working without pa' is worse than 'no linux games are working without linux' ?
    btw, all my linux native games work with pa. all steam linux games(huge majority of sourceless linux native games) support ubuntu, which uses pa.
    moron still
    btw, it is easy to see where your problems come from. your shitty slackware has broken pa support, and you blame slackware failures on pa.
    Amazing what a moron and a total dipshit you are talking about things you have no clue

There is a "compatibility layer" for BSD that allows run Native Linux programs and games in BSD...only technnical limitations is limited to 32bit programs/games (witch are the majority) and not yet supports Steam client because the layer needs an update....but taking in account that Slackware will not use PA and/or systemd for at least 5 more years and with the influx of money from some donors, i'm sure that BSD have enough time to solve that two issues

As for my Slackware with broken support for PA....ROFLMAO ! Are you THAT clueless about Slackware and YET have no problem in saying nosense about it ?!?

Slackware NEVER had PA or systemd, not now and not before, not even in experimental phase in official repos )

Slackware doesn't have PA not because it can't, not because is broken in Slackware (it isn't...for simple reason NEVER existed in Slackware in 1st place), but by CHOICE of the leadership of the Distro.

I NEVER had audio issues in Slackware with games, same can't say about UBUNTU, LUBUNTU, XUBUNTU, Linux Mint, Debian,etc. with several games affected in different ways like W:ET with no audio at all no matter what i do, ET:QW making CTD as soon as i press a key to use ingame VOIP,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      My only issue with pulseaudio is:
      1) With a low powered desktop that had no integrated graphics I had to remove pulse in order to play 720p .h264 without it skipping.
      2) In Ubuntu it would often forget my settings (seems to be fixed now)
      3) Crackling and robotic effects on a sound card depending on which input/output I choose. (Digtal/Analog) That's fixed in like 5 minutes after editing the conf.

You like Windows because stuff rarely crashes? That's because everything is locked down (or there's one way of doing something, like say the Windows Display Manager), there's a few correct ways to do something and those ways are supported for a long time. Also dependencies often come with a program rather than rely on something else.
      I believe point 1 is already annoying by itself even for non-gamers....and in the end you add to remove PA to have a decent experience.

I never said that Window$ doesn't crash, it does, what i said was that audio in games,etc. just works like it's supposed...all the rare audio issues i had in games in window$ were solved by changing some simple ingame setting and relaunching game and bingo !
      Same is not true with PA, in fact, in many games, its very hard or impossible to solve PA audio issues.

Comment

no...I will clarify..

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Nope. NOOP means the maintainers can do what they think is best. And they're typically smart people. That just means that GNOME maintainers are generally allowed to require systemd where their software does depend on it (since there is no rule stating otherwise). And maintainers can drop sysv scripts after Jessie if they're too hard to maintain. But sysvinit itself isn't going anywhere.
        In first place,

thanks for the reply...

no I don't use gnome...I mean Debian...the operating System!?

I will put my question simple...

Imagine that I will make a net-install or a minimal install of Debian(the operating system, not gnome).

Does I will be obligated to use systemd, only because of one Desktop Environment, or because I don't want desktop environment , and only the operating systems, I can use SysVinit??

This is my question...because no one are talking here about gnome...gnome have their project...we are talking about Debian...

In the case that I only want Debian SO, will all the packages that are headless work with SysvInit??
        this is what we need to know...because OS != Desktop Environment...

thanks in advance

regards

Comment

you are dumb...

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          why braindead minority puts 'majority' tag on itself ?
          Sory, but seems so...

we use Debian OS NOT gnome OS, you dumb!!

so yes we the majority don't use gnome in Debian, we use it in Servers HEADLESS...remember!!

Why are you subverting things...

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
            There is a "compatibility layer" for BSD that allows run Native Linux programs and games in BSD...only technnical limitations is limited to 32bit programs/games (witch are the majority) and not yet supports Steam client because
            you can stop there, lol.
            with the influx of money from some donors, i'm sure that BSD have enough time to solve that two issues
            like they solved videodriver issues
            Slackware NEVER had PA or systemd, not now and not before, not even in experimental phase in official repos )
            you don't look like person who will use official repos, you like to search problems upon your ass. and there is pa for slackware, so you failed to show your smartness.
            Slackware doesn't have PA not because it can't, not because is broken in Slackware (it isn't...for simple reason NEVER existed in Slackware in 1st place), but by CHOICE of the leadership of the Distro.
            so, you like when leadership of distro makes choices for you, don't you ? i see pattern: freebsd, slackware, windows. i am sure you will enjoy chosen by leadership systemd and pa.
            I NEVER had audio issues in Slackware with games, same can't say about UBUNTU, LUBUNTU, XUBUNTU, Linux Mint, Debian,etc. with several games affected in different ways like W:ET with no audio at all no matter what i do, ET:QW making CTD as soon as i press a key to use ingame VOIP,etc.
            if you have problem with sound, you report bug to you distro, not to phoronix forums. and it is a bug with your distro, not with pa. is there any hope you are able to learn this ? btw, millions of users NEVER had audio issues with pa, but had issues without it. so, why should anyone care about you ?
            Last edited by pal666; 19 November 2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

you are the idiot here!!

Originally posted by log0 View Post
              The whole issue is so fscking hilarious.

So there is a bunch of guys working on something cool called Debian and sharing their work for free with everyone else. And then we have a bunch of "users" feeling entitled to tell the Debian guys what they should do or not. And even some nutheads talking about human rights and freedom of choice. WTF, you have the freedom of choice not to use Debian, idiots!
              We are here talking about DEBIAN OS not GNOME Desktop Environment idiot..!!

And yes there are a lot of Debian guys working and sharing their OS with the world, and now comes in a Just Desktop Environment which tries to make the Freedom of Debian culture go away!!

Gnome have their project, wich is ONLY a Desktop Environment...we are talking here about THE GREATEST DEBIAN OS...remember OPERATING SYSTEM...and not Desktop Environment...

The majority of Debian users don't even install a Desktop Environment you idiot!!

welll...better forget..

Sory all the others for this...but someone should have to jump in to stop that crazy thing of trying to compare a Operating System and their values and culture with a single Desktop Environment...god.

Comment

Amazing what a moron and a total dipshit you are talking about things you have no clue

There is a "compatibility layer" for BSD that allows run Native Linux programs and games in BSD...only technnical limitations is limited to 32bit programs/games (witch are the majority) and not yet supports Steam client because the layer needs an update....but taking in account that Slackware will not use PA and/or systemd for at least 5 more years and with the influx of money from some donors, i'm sure that BSD have enough time to solve that two issues

As for my Slackware with broken support for PA....ROFLMAO ! Are you THAT clueless about Slackware and YET have no problem in saying nosense about it ?!?

As far as I know the Linuxulator can't even run the Linux Dropbox client, which is why FreeBSD users have been nagging Dropbox for years for a native FreeBSD client. It's mostly used to give FreeBSD a Flashplugin via the Linux Flashplugin. So it's not that impressive.

Comment

I never said that Window$ doesn't crash, it does, what i said was that audio in games,etc. just works like it's supposed...
                  you are just badly misinformed. vista broke all creative x-fi cards for several years

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                    we use Debian OS NOT gnome OS, you dumb!!

so yes we the majority don't use gnome in Debian, we use it in Servers HEADLESS...remember!!
                    the only one with dumb questions here is you. majority is happy with systemd. even you will be happy when you will try it.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                      Does I will be obligated to use systemd, only because of one Desktop Environment, or because I don't want desktop environment , and only the operating systems, I can use SysVinit??
                      you can use sysvinit. who told you otherwise ?

Comment

Working...
                      X