Linux-Turned-FreeBSD Distro Comes Up With A New Software License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pouar View Post
    Taken a snapshot of this page as it was just too damn funny. Misspelling and all.
    https://archive.today/Ywyid
    Source : Source is source file, or code. For codes, Source code is the code which will be compiled or interpreted using compiler/interpreter.
    This is simply the best sentence ever written. Perhaps this is an high-level commentary on legalese, and we're just too dumb to understand.

Comment

Another example of a very low quality article on Phoronix and a perfect example why I don't see why I should disable my Adblocker or even become a premium subscriber.

Comment

Anyway, there's also other license which we will use : http://wtfpl.net

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
          Another example of a very low quality article on Phoronix and a perfect example why I don't see why I should disable my Adblocker or even become a premium subscriber.
          It's like people don't realize that there really is basically only Michael writing and editing these articles which will always lead to some odd errors every once-in-a-while.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammadreza Haghiri View Post
            Anyway, there's also other license which we will use : http://wtfpl.net
            My favorite permissive license. I usually use copyleft license for my work, except for software made for academic purposes (such as examples or tutorials) and reference implementations of software, then I use permissive licenses, usually copyfree, since these are meant to be much more generic and informational.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
              Isn't you perfectly free to create your own resource, write articles as you see it fits and outperform Phoronix? Long live competition . But somehow I think you'll be unable to reach even Phoronix level of quality and will be very well below it. Its easy to tell words but much harder to do jobs.

Though I would prefer honest information about reliability of information. I.e. if some information could be inaccurate, I would prefer to know it when reading article rather than figure it myself after 30 minutes of searching the web.

Comment

Originally posted by somini View Post
                Hate speech? Really?
                LOL, just LOL. I think they are a bit paranoid, though it seems to be normal: BSD-inclined people tend to suffer from brain damage.

Comment

Originally posted by pouar View Post
                  My favorite permissive license. I usually use copyleft license for my work, except for software made for academic purposes (such as examples or tutorials) and reference implementations of software, then I use permissive licenses, usually copyfree, since these are meant to be much more generic and informational.
                  Sounds like there might be grounds to sue author if software licenced under that eats all data

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammadreza Haghiri View Post
                    So, We never again send message to this rude website. Usage of rude terms, and hate-speech, and behaving a group like clowns. TYPICAL WESTERN BEHAVIOR.
                    It is actually a good thing to be trolled; think of it as a rite of passage to fame-hood! Plus, while Micheal obviously loves to troll (which is harmless anyways), this website is pretty important in the free software community. So, your project is getting great exposure with Micheal's articles.

Comment

Originally posted by CTown View Post
                      It is actually a good thing to be trolled; think of it as a rite of passage to fame-hood!
                      Exactly, it is like the Weird Al of the open source software world.

Comment

Working...
                      X