OpenBenchmarking.org: Ubuntu Prepares To Be Overtaken By Arch Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnc View Post
    That's true. I could see how it would be an overwhelming difficulty to add an additional line or two to the existing lsb-release text file. It would clearly be easier to just create a whole new file and move everyone over to that.
    I'm assuming you were being sarcastic. Its funny how people view building a new solution as preferred over fixing the old in the programming community, even if making new is 10X harder than fixing the old.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
      Lution-AIS is the easiest to use, most flexible, and powerful cli installer ever designed for Linux - says on evolutionlinux homepage. CLI? Hahahaha.... What a joke is this arch linux. 20 years behind Ubuntu. If arch overtakes Ubuntu it means that the monkeys like Stallman and co have won. And that linux never stood a chance against Windows....
      Whatever happened to B0$$ btw?

I miss that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
        Lution-AIS is the easiest to use, most flexible, and powerful cli installer ever designed for Linux - says on evolutionlinux homepage. CLI? Hahahaha.... What a joke is this arch linux. 20 years behind Ubuntu. If arch overtakes Ubuntu it means that the monkeys like Stallman and co have won. And that linux never stood a chance against Windows....
        ??? WTF are you on man?
        Arch has the most up to date software out of any distro. The only thing that was holding it back was the archaic install methods. Evo/Arch is going to spread like wildfire.
        Eventually when most people are using the Evo installer it will become the norm. Then the community can get past all the retarded distro hopping division of talent and resources that has plagued the linux community for 20 years.

Arch is what Linux should be. Simple, minimal, and fast. And a great installer is what it needed. People get what they want without all the extra crap. For those that dont want to install everything there is Manjaro.

I'm sorry you feel Ubuntu is the great hope for Linux. It's a good thing most people dont feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
          what is wrlinux???
          Wind River Linux
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Whatever happened to B0$$ btw?

I miss that guy.
            I try to fill in for him from time to time, but I just don't have that "magic" that he had. And when I say "magic", I mean he actually believed in his own trolling to the point that he never left character, I just can't do that. Magic.

Comment

That's true. I could see how it would be an overwhelming difficulty to add an additional line or two to the existing lsb-release text file. It would clearly be easier to just create a whole new file and move everyone over to that.
              Unsurprisingly, os-release was created by poettering.

Comment

/usr/lib/os-release ?
                why ?

i mean... just /lib would be... half ok
                /etc is ok
                but /usr/lib ?

bdw @Michael, slackware has the info in /etc/os-release and just the short version in /etc/slackware-version

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                  Unsurprisingly, os-release was created by poettering.
                  http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/os-release
                  i was thinking why it was so ugly
                  thought it was because freedesktop neckbeards couldn't agree on it

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
                    /usr/lib/os-release ?
                    why ?

i mean... just /lib would be... half ok
                    /etc is ok
                    but /usr/lib ?

bdw @Michael, slackware has the info in /etc/os-release and just the short version in /etc/slackware-version
                    Last I checked Slackware was detected fine with PTS's previous os-release detection and also falling back to scalling /etc/*-release and /etc/*-version looking for identifying OS details.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Last I checked Slackware was detected fine with PTS's previous os-release detection and also falling back to scalling /etc/*-release and /etc/*-version looking for identifying OS details.
                      to be honest, i never used PTS
                      never mind

Comment

Working...
                      X