Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F i L View Post
    How ironic.

Maybe you should take your own advice instead of hypocritically criticizing others for voicing an opinion on a subject. Unless you think doing so passive aggressively somehow justifies your input.
    And for the record, I'm not opposed to Xorg engaging in women outreach programs to entice more women into CS, at all.
    *shrug*

Extrapolate whatever tone you wish from my post. Just wanted to point it out. The amount of crusader-like supremacy and Poettering-witchhunting on this tabloid just compelled me to try and point out the silliness.

I should know better.

Comment

Michael put your beautiful wife under the pillow or you may get robbed :P

Hers photo wasn't necessity here.

Comment

If you are looking to hire females, you discriminate men.
        If you pay women in their 20's the same as men, you are discriminating men.
        Ask some managers, they probably won't admit it publicly, but these guys (or women) have to factor in chance
        that female employee will get pregnant and you will have to find replacement (and in most european countries you will also have to pay her maternity leave in full for up to 2 years).
        Companies often pay women the same as men to avoid being labeled as 'sexists', but in fact, this discriminates male employees.
        Yes I have opinions, No I wouldn't complain at work (since I would be labeled as sexist and possibly fired).

Comment

They get 5'500.- per month? Wow, that's not bad at all.-

Comment

Well, I see no gender discrimination in this part of the world where I live. I work in one of the biggest IT companies in India. We have almost as much as women as there are men, here in this industry. Women are equally active as men. I don't know if this is the case with all other nations and all other companies out there. But I've heard of no cases where a person is discriminted in the company just because she's a woman.

Originally posted by BoTuLoX
            Also, where's the women's outreach program for garbage collectors? Or the men's outreach program for kindergarten teachers?
            I like this^^

Comment

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
              If you pay women in their 20's the same as men, you are discriminating men.
              Companies often pay women the same as men to avoid being labeled as 'sexists', but in fact, this discriminates male employees.
              What? Equal pay for equal work is discrimination against men?

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                That's just how people are. If you look at Kindergarten teachers they're almost all female. They're not discriminating against men. Men are simply not interested in doing the job.
                For what it's worth, elementary schools are generally highly interested in finding any male teachers they can to come teach, specifically because there are so few of them and they want to mix in some diversity. Somehow, not many people complain online that the female elementary teachers are being discriminated against.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                  slept with a bunch of men to get good reviews and then
                  See, this is the problem. I disagree with a bunch of what Zoe Quinn says, but then you've got people like this who spread rumors (that have NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER) as truth, and it's hard to say she doesn't have a point. And there are multiple people here repeating said salacious rumors with no proof.

It's ok to simply disagree with someone. You don't have to paint them out to be Hitler or some slut taking advantage of every guy she sees. The fact that everyone is so fast to go there when a woman is involved does say something, in my opinion, and it's not something good.
                  Last edited by smitty3268; 05 September 2014, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drspinderwalf View Post
                    *shrug*

Extrapolate whatever tone you wish from my post. Just wanted to point it out. The amount of crusader-like supremacy and Poettering-witchhunting on this tabloid just compelled me to try and point out the silliness.

I should know better.
                    Your voice of reason is appreciated.

Every second comment here proves how this outreach program is indeed necessary. It is disheartening to see alleged Free software supporters support discrimination against half the human population based on their gender. Toxic behavior might be expected in the gamer culture (which comprises mostly teens and tweens), but I would have expected at least some basic human decency in FOSS. It appears my faith in humanity may have been misplaced.

Comment

So is the idea to create more entry-level jobs for women or compete for the few competent female lead developers out there? 5.5 kilodollars a month doesn't sound like entry-level wage

Comment

Working...
                      X