Microsoft bans FOSS from Windows Phone Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
    I feel dumber for having read this. Can I have my 5 seconds back ?
    No.
    And you can get the time you spend to troll on this forum back either.
    Was your decision, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
      No.
      And you can get the time you spend to troll on this forum back either.
      Was your decision, mate.
      I always find it fun to troll the trolls.

Comment

I feel dumber for having read this.
        That's probably impossible.

As for the whole banning GPL thing, GPL is incompatible with the DRM that Microsoft places on everything that's sold through their app store. In order to distribute GPL software you are NOT allowed to prevent recipients from copying it, which is what DRM does. Also, GPL software is free (not necessarily but in practice) and Microsoft makes a bit of cash for every app sold through their app store. Also developers who want to sell their own apps may have asked Microsoft to ban GPL apps since they don't want to compete against free applications. Either way it's a stupid move in my opinion. The whole DRM scheme should simply be optional, if the app creator wants copy protection on his app then he can say so, it not it won't have any copy protection. More apps for Android then it seems.

Comment

with a IQ over 140 its actually very feasable.

your idea of intellegence is unanomous agreement with your unsupported opinions and pronouncements.

basically, your to stupid to realize your dumb.

Microsoft is a corporation who makes money, they can choose to sell or not sell Whatever they damn well please.

Last I checked, they really don't give 2 shits about the opinions of linux users. Rightfully so., as your opinions don't matter. They have paying customers lined up and developers who are going to make money lined up.

they are the evil empire out to destroy linux. Face it linux is a never ran "on desktop" along with several other interesting technologys.

Microsoft is comming to eat Linux's lunch on phones now to.

LOL.

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
          That's probably impossible.

As for the whole banning GPL thing, GPL is incompatible with the DRM that Microsoft places on everything that's sold through their app store. In order to distribute GPL software you are NOT allowed to prevent recipients from copying it, which is what DRM does. Also, GPL software is free (not necessarily but in practice) and Microsoft makes a bit of cash for every app sold through their app store. Also developers who want to sell their own apps may have asked Microsoft to ban GPL apps since they don't want to compete against free applications. Either way it's a stupid move in my opinion. The whole DRM scheme should simply be optional, if the app creator wants copy protection on his app then he can say so, it not it won't have any copy protection. More apps for Android then it seems.

Comment

So much for the whole "life without walls"

Originally posted by Clive Owen in SHOOT 'EM UP
            Never trust the people who stand to profit, plain and simple. They're the bad guys.
            Go figure?

Comment

your idea of intellegence is unanomous agreement with your unsupported opinions and pronouncements.

basically, your to stupid to realize your dumb.

Microsoft is a corporation who makes money, they can choose to sell or not sell Whatever they damn well please.

Last I checked, they really don't give 2 shits about the opinions of linux users. Rightfully so., as your opinions don't matter. They have paying customers lined up and developers who are going to make money lined up.

they are the evil empire out to destroy linux. Face it linux is a never ran "on desktop" along with several other interesting technologys.

Microsoft is comming to eat Linux's lunch on phones now to.

LOL.
              Didn't you realize Linux already ate m$ on phones? It's getting hungry on desktops too and m$ is an old, rotten piece of cake. Tastes bad and makes people sick, really. Damn, how stupid someone should be to mention his Idiots Qrap result?

Comment

LOL! The most stupid person I have come across on the internet this year claims to have an IQ above 140, what a joke. You have done nothing but make up lies about Linux which have been refuted over and over again. What are you, a 11 year old compulsive liar who couldn't use Linux and now hates it?

As your comments show you are technically inept, you have no clue of Linux's representation in various markets. Over at Haiku-os.org you have made yourself look like even twice the fool you have here, with again constant idiotic stabs at Linux, screaming omg omg when the Haiku developers said they were implementing Package Management because it reminded you of Linux. You are a joke, and you make the Haiku community look bad. Please go away!

Comment

"My SEGA Mega Drive is better."
                  "No, my Super Nintendo is better."

Of course I was 12 years old then. Seems like Thatguy hasn't outgrown this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    "My SEGA Mega Drive is better."
                    "No, my Super Nintendo is better."

Of course I was 12 years old then. Seems like Thatguy hasn't outgrown this stuff.
                    That was a non-argument even back then. The SNES was superior in pretty much every way you could count: better sound, better visuals, better controller, better games.

Ah, this is about the WP7 clusterfuck? Oh, ok, don't mind me then.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                      That was a non-argument even back then. The SNES was superior in pretty much every way you could count: better sound, better visuals, better controller, better games.
                      Well, if we get technical, the Megadrive did have two things in it's favour. It was faster, 68000 at 8mhz versus Snes which had a 65816 at 3.5mhz (mhz, man those were the times!!). Also it had a higher resolution, 320x240 versus SNES which had 256x240. That said, SNES could handle more sprites, had 16x16 CLUT's (Megadrive had 8x8 CLUT's), 4 VRAM Tilemaps, HDMA, Mode-7 so yea I have to agree that SNES was superior, although back then when I programmed on it I didn't like the 65816 which was basically an 6502 (8-bit) with a 16 bit addressing mode.

Comment

Working...
                      X