Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oleid View Post

No need to insult people.
    Don't put words into my mouth. I never said I agree with that list. All I said it's from GNOME foundation, not project.
    Fair enough. But, they are still 'hyping Gnome' but from a political angle, only.

Comment

• Originally posted by oleid View Post

KDE project or KDE eV?
      The joke is on you. The KDE project sets these goals: https://community.kde.org/Goals/Goals_Process

Comment

• Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

I have been working remotely for more than a decade before that. Let's not pretend video conferencing didn't exist before Covid or casually wish for another pandemic when the first one killed millions of people.
        Wow, are you that dumb?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post

🤡

/5char
          Do you know what he's talking about?

Comment

No idea what you are talking about. I was just explaining the difference between equity and equality and correcting the misconception that it is about outcomes as opposed to opportunities.
            It was pretty clear - I used your analogy of you without sight and said if it was between hiring you and some other 'marginalized group' the Gnome Foundation mentions, the other group would get the job over you. There is a distinct priority for them. That's the point. Understand, yet?
            Edit: They do mention 'disability' but they are not too clear on it - but, they repeat the other groups quite often in their texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panix View Post
              It was pretty clear - I used your analogy of you without sight and said if it was between hiring you and some other 'marginalized group' the Gnome Foundation mentions, the other group would get the job over you. There is a distinct priority for them. That's the point. Understand, yet?
              Your response is irrelevant to my point which is limited to explaining equity vs equality as I noted already. I don't use GNOME and I am not interested in GNOME foundation jobs.

Comment

No idea what you are talking about. I was just explaining the difference between equity and equality and correcting the misconception that it is about outcomes as opposed to opportunities.
                It should be about everyone having equal opportunities and equity to begin with that we should be striving for, not DEI. An unfortunate side effect of DEI is that it plays favorites and playing favorites causes division and anger.

DEI is the result of lowering taxes while increasing civil rights and making welfare and help harder to achieve as the civil rights increase. The result is that the government has less money to provide adequate services and wide varieties of grants. With the services they do provide direct to citizens, there's almost some form of work requirement or marriage/family requirement in place to get help and there's minimal thought to the disabled and marginalized. A citizen has to give the government more information to receive food stamps than they do to become a US Senator or President.

Everything that the government used to more easily provide before the Welfare Queen, Trickle Down, and No Regulation Small Government mythologies took over now is now expected to be provided by jobs and what has trickled down to charity. The US government pays nearly $12K per year per person in healthcare, yet if we get sick we have to beg our coworkers to donate us some of their PTO and go beg on GoFundMe.

How American Healthcare Death Panels Really Work -- Sorry about the ass cancer, Kyle, but I really wanna go to Belgium to have a waffle and I've only accrued 5 days off in 2.5 years so I really need a break. You know as well as I do that we barely make more than paycheck to paycheck so I can't afford to donate. How would I afford my waffle when I go on vacation?

People act like DEI is some Democrat vs Republican thing but they're in on it together. DEI is just a tactic to keep us bickering with each other in confusion while the rich and powerful use it to game the system to get richer and more powerful.​ In order to force jobs to hire everyone, the government and big corporations came up with DEI. DEI also rigs the system even further for big corporations against small businesses. Small businesses can't afford the insurance requirements, DEI study groups, equity committees, etc like a big business can. There might not even be enough people locally to fulfill DEI requirements to qualify for tax breaks and not everything can be done remotely to add in some DEI numbers.

That goes into how DEI has a very nasty underside. You can meet your DEI requirements with foreign, lower-priced labor. Not local, higher-paid labor. Not only does it mean more locals are out of work, it means the government has less tax revenue coming in which leads to even lower quality of services. The government is screwing itself to our detriment.

Instead of screaming for DEI, we should be screaming for a UBI, We need to be trying to make sure everyone has an equal opportunity, start, rights, and care funded by equitable, progressive tax systems.

I can't speak for how other countries do things, but the US needs a do-over with a new constitution that doesn't have to keep being patched because the default rules were for white male land owners where women didn't count and black men were only considered 3/5 a person when it came time for massa to vote. IMHO, DEI shouldn't be necessary if the constitution and laws are just and honorable for everyone.

Corporations are a person and the old slavery 3/5 of a person for voting law makes me wonder how long until corporations will try to claim they're not being represented by the government so they should be allowed to vote using their employees as X amount of votes.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

It should be about everyone having equal opportunities and equity to begin with that we should be striving for, not DEI
                  Looks like you agree with what I said about equity. I don't know anything about DEI nor do I care about what that means since it seems to be US specific and I don't work there. All of you people over there seem weirdly obsessed about some topics that seem to change every few years and want to talk about it constantly . Rest of us don't care about any of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by woddy View Post
                    So my translator and I are having trouble understanding-translating this sentence.​
                    ""- Relate to bigger “outward” world by making GNOME directly relevant and attractive to many more diverse people"""
                    Diverse as i unterstand it in woke to normal speech is that Diverse means: non-White(asian white or european white) and non-male (women or everything else)

if you see stackoverlow statistic who really develops open-source software its 80% White+Male.. and 20% diverse.

i have a friend i pakistan and of course he use linux because he knows it from me but what he reports about pakistan is that there no one use linux all use microsoft windows.

this means the advertisement for "Diverse" people like the people in Pakistan could be hopeless.
                    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

The joke is on you. The KDE project sets these goals: https://community.kde.org/Goals/Goals_Process
                      KDE projects sets the goals of KDE eV?

For GNOME project, there's a process to define goals. And this article is about the goals of GNOME foundation.

The way I see it, it's the same for KDE project and KDE e.V.

Comment

Working...
                      X