Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The X.Org Foundation Needs More Candidates To Hold An Election

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The X.Org Foundation Needs More Candidates To Hold An Election

    Phoronix: The X.Org Foundation Needs More Candidates To Hold An Election

    The X.Org Foundation's elections for the Board of Directors have been delayed as there weren't enough participants nominated for the available seats to hold an election...

    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

  • #2
    I nominate avis. And @birdie.

    That takes care of half the problem. No need to thank me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      I nominate avis. And @birdie.

      That takes care of half the problem. No need to thank me.
      They're the same person

      A director is expected to participate in the fortnightly IRC meeting to discuss current business and to attend the annual meeting of the X.Org Foundation, which will be held at a location determined in advance by the Board of Directors.​
      So they have their meetings in Fortnight. No wonder they can't hold onto members
      Last edited by skeevy420; 01 March 2024, 10:29 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        They're the same person
        I think that's part of the joke.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was going to nominate myself, then in a power move wrestle complete control of the organization and do the world a favor by disbanding the X.org Foundation and announcing that every single one of the projects they are responsible for, starting with Wayland, followed quickly by Mesa, are being scraped.

          Let's make the Linux ecosystem a professionally run place, with well thought out software and not have meetings in Fortnight.
          Last edited by sophisticles; 01 March 2024, 05:09 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hahahaha

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
              I was going to nominate myself, then in a power move wrestle complete control of the organization and do the world a favor by disbanding the X.org Foundation and announcing that every single one of the projects they are responsible for, starting with Wayland, followed quickly by Mesa, are being scraped.
              You've forgotten to take your medication

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kjell View Post

                You've forgotten to take your medication
                He chosen "alternative medicine" instead...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
                  ... announcing that every single one of the projects they are responsible for, starting with Wayland, followed quickly by Mesa, are being scraped.
                  I understand why people might not like Wayland, but what's wrong with Mesa?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by J.King View Post
                    I understand why people might not like Wayland, but what's wrong with Mesa?
                    It's in Maricopa County, Arizona.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X