Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Survey Finds Maintainer Burnout & Documentation Top Open-Source Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plonoma View Post

What if you email your contribution in the form of a message describing the problem and fix (including where in the source files to modify things) without including code, only pseudocode clearly marked as pseudocode. Would that be a practical approach for that type of contributions?
    Most of the projects are on GitHub today and email isn't really used today (well outside of the Linux kernel community).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Most of the projects are on GitHub today and email isn't really used today (well outside of the Linux kernel community).
      Not to take sides, but I guess the equivalent would be if you file a bug and include pseudocode for a suggested solution.

More often than not, I'd guess the response you'd get (if any) would be like: "sounds good. Please submit a PR and we'll review."

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        Not to take sides, but I guess the equivalent would be if you file a bug and include pseudocode for a suggested solution.

More often than not, I'd guess the response you'd get (if any) would be like: "sounds good. Please submit a PR and we'll review."
        I second this!

Comment

Working...
        X