Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• git.kernel.org Adds Native Dark Mode Support

Phoronix: git.kernel.org Adds Native Dark Mode Support

As an early Christmas present for Linux kernel developers and others keeping track of kernel development, the git.kernel.org Cgit web interface has rolled out native dark mode support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Setif
    Waiting to the dark theme to be gifted from Phoronix to people from poor countries who couldn't pay for premium.
    People who don't pay don't need the dark theme. They get the content for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Setif
      Waiting to the dark theme to be gifted from Phoronix to people from poor countries who couldn't pay for premium.
      People from poor countries can use DarkReader extension which is free and open-source.

Comment

Some people who do pay for premium still use the dark reader extension, as the forums aren't dark mode enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by saladin View Post
          Some people who do pay for premium still use the dark reader extension, as the forums aren't dark mode enabled.
          This is sad.

Comment

Dark reader seems rather suboptimal for those that needed.
            Granted I personally only used it in reverse on some site that does not support normal mode.
            Another thing one could use for the articles is something like reader mode on firefox (or whatever the chromium alternative is).
            It does work for single plages but not for multi-page reviews.​

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

Except if you're using Falkon with dark mode enabled. Dark mode works on all supported sites in Falkon, except for Phoronix. Reported it multiple times to Michael, including when he launched support, but it never got addressed. Now I love paying for Phoronix because of the Michael and his content and have been doing so for years, but if I really wanted dark mode only, I'd cancel my subscription.
              Last edited by Vistaus; 07 December 2023, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spicfoo View Post

off topic:
                A dark theme is not something to monetize anymore, all other websites I use (including google/youtube) offer it for free.
                And being from a 3rd world country I'm not sending money to the West (or anywhere else) anymore, I'm not into crypto shit and a bank transfer fee alone is like 35$. If Michael was here I'd just give him a bag of weed and be done for a year with the "premium" subscription.

I recall buying paw paw seeds (asimina triloba) from the US, around 35$ for the bank transfer fee, plus 35$ for the physical postal transfer of the seeds, the seeds themselves only cost me like 10$. It's not worth donating anything when you country isn't tied to the free/cheap western financial conglomerates.

Comment

That's great!

Hopefully one day we will have the desktop environment follow the day / night cycles or the light in our rooms through light sensors / webcams, then the web browsers follow that and finally the websites follow that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    That's great!

Hopefully one day we will have the desktop environment follow the day / night cycles or the light in our rooms through light sensors / webcams, then the web browsers follow that and finally the websites follow that too.
                    KDE Plasma is working on this feature, hopefully we will have it on Plasms 6.1 - 6.5

Comment

Working...
                    X