Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhaoxin Yongfeng CPU Support Merged For The GCC 14 Compiler

Phoronix: Zhaoxin Yongfeng CPU Support Merged For The GCC 14 Compiler

The GCC 14 compiler has merged support for the Zhaoxin Yongfeng processors via the new -march=yongfeng and -mtune=yongfeng compiler options...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sounds interesting, It's always nice to have more choices.

Excuse my ignorance, but does this processor have an implementation of Intel's Management Engine, or AMD's Platform Security Processor, or its own similar technology, and what about an on-die TPM?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grouch View Post
      Sounds interesting, It's always nice to have more choices.

Excuse my ignorance, but does this processor have an implementation of Intel's Management Engine, or AMD's Platform Security Processor, or its own similar technology, and what about an on-die TPM?
      You don't buy these unless you really don't have a choice about it. They're slow often 2 - 3 generations behind Intel/AMD on features and performance and lack any of the embargoed features from Intel or AMD's CPU feature sets. Don't hold your breath that any systems that have these CPUs are going to be free of the PRC-mandated backdoors for domestic market electronics as it's unlikely they'll be sold outside of the PRC's immediate sphere of influence.
      Last edited by stormcrow; 31 October 2023, 05:43 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

You don't buy these unless you really don't have a choice about it. They're slow often 2 - 3 generations behind Intel/AMD on features and performance and lack any of the embargoed features from Intel or AMD's CPU feature sets. Don't hold your breath that any systems that have these CPUs are going to be free of the PRC-mandated backdoors for domestic market electronics as it's unlikely they'll be sold outside of the PRC's immediate sphere of influence.
        Not all regions have Intel/AMD available, so yes, this processor is for many those who don't have a choice.

Comment

Anyone can get one of those? To make benchmarks. Tests and such.

I understand those are probably a lot slower and lack of modern features, but I'm very curious about them.

Regarding the backdoors, it’s fine. Nothing that can’t be countered by complete network isolation.

Comment

I kinda want one just to have one.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Thanks for the update! The Zhaoxin Yongfeng CPU support in GCC 14 is a game-changer for compatibility and performance.

Comment

Originally posted by EldoraJohnson View Post
                  Thanks for the update run 3! The Zhaoxin Yongfeng CPU support in GCC 14 is a game-changer for compatibility and performance.
                  I am aware that they are presumably more slower and lack contemporary functionality, I am particularly interested in the Zhaoxin Yongfeng CPU support in GCC 14.

Comment

Working...
                  X