Btrfs Picks Up New Features For Linux 6.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guglovich View Post

Deleting the v1 cache made no difference to me. Thanks, I initially used --convert-to-free-space-tree, but as it turns out I need --convert-to-block-group-tree
    What's the full line? I tried btrfstune --convert-to-block-group-tree /dev/sdc but that just gives a message unrecognized option '--convert-to-block-group-tree'
    I am running kernel 6.2.16-18

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      Can the system destroy an FS in any other way than having a buggy filesystem (implementation, like Btrfs)?
      Buggy SSD firmware. Flaky power supply. Cosmic ray.

Plus, if as a filesystem developer, you define out "filesystem has an undetected data loss bug" from your list of possible failure modes, you are an idiot.

Robust system design requires understanding the concept of knowns/unknowns/unknown unknowns.

Comment

"Deleting the v1 cache made no difference to me. Thanks, I initially used --convert-to-free-space-tree, but as it turns out I need --convert-to-block-group-tree"

What's the full line? I tried btrfstune --convert-to-block-group-tree /dev/sdc but that just gives a message unrecognized option '--convert-to-block-group-tree'

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

Well say did Firefox ruin your partition? Do you think it has any line of code that does the right (and by right I mean wrong) thing? How did you scan it?
          I'm not sure I fully understand your question , but any program can do something weird that hits a untested condition in just about any other program to cooperates with (for example a filesystem) and wreck havoc. That is why tests are changed and/or added to test suites all the time... for example : https://people.redhat.com/bcodding/n...stest_generic/

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by jackiebrown View Post

It is 'btrfstune --convert-to-block-group-tree', but you need new enough btrfs-progs. There are statically built versions on https://wiki.tnonline.net/w/Btrfs/St...lt_btrfs-progs or github that has this feature built-in.

Comment

Just complied it. Waiting for the conversion. Fingers crossed

Just finished the conversion - wow what a difference. Went from 35 seconds to instant
              Last edited by jackiebrown; 02 November 2023, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackiebrown View Post
                Just complied it. Waiting for the conversion. Fingers crossed

Just finished the conversion - wow what a difference. Went from 35 seconds to instant
                Is this for 14TB ?

Comment

Working...
                X