No announcement yet.

GNOME Foundation Names A New Executive Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holly holds a Master of Arts in Education from Stanford University and a Bachelor of Arts in English from Harvard University.
    So an education degree and an English degree qualify a person to be a director of a software project?

Reminds me of that lady that was the Chief Technology Officer of I forget which credit agency, it came out after they had that massive data breach where half of all U.S. citizens had their data stolen (I was one of them) that she had a Masters of Fine Arts degree.

How the hell does a Master FARTS degree qualify someone to be the C-Suite Executive in charge an IT department of any size, much less one that large? It doesn't and it shows, which is why the data of half of all U.S. citizens, including mine, was stolen.

Same thing with this choice. I would rather they say we picked someone with a B.S. in Computer Science from the cheesiest public university on America to lead a software project like Gnome.

And yes, i understand that her duties will be primarily fundraising, but to me a person with a Comp Sci background would lend more credibility to the project and thus attract more money than someone of her background.

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
      One of the largest Linux organisations is now being ran by someone who believes in magic.

Comment

I'm sorry.... WHAT?!

​​​​​​

I completely refused to believe this is the same person at first
        But on her facebook : https://www.facebook.com/holly.million.5/about

​​​​​​
        From the phoronix article:

What in the...
        WTF ?? Tell me it’s an other person with the exact same name or a joke… it’s not possible that they are astoundingly stupid enough to put someone like that in charge ??

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

I'll take the bait, what is their "racist code of conduct"?
          "Reverse"-isms, including "reverse racism," "reverse sexism," and "cisphobia" is not against their code of conduct, so you can't complain that they're being racist against straight white men when they created the outreachy program which discriminates against straight white men by giving internships to basically anyone who isn't a straight white man.
          Last edited by guzz46; 17 October 2023, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry.... WHAT?!

name is Holly Million, and I am a professional shaman, an artist, an herbal medicine maker, and a micro-homesteader.​​
            Ok, now that "shaman", "herbal medicine maker" and "energy healer" bullshit does sound bad. That really seems like a bad fit.

Comment

I'm sorry.... WHAT?!

​​​​​​

I completely refused to believe this is the same person at first
              But on her facebook : https://www.facebook.com/holly.million.5/about

​​​​​​
              From the phoronix article:

What in the...
              She does "One-on-one sessions for personal energy clearing and healing". She will also clear and heal your land, home or business. And she can do it all by phone. Healing ceremonies and rituals, and also working with psychic children. And guided shamanic journeying - that's a big one also.

Totally normal - sounds like she'll fit right in with Gnome. Maybe they can build personal energy cleansing and shamanic journey guidance directly into the desktop.

Edit: She charges $250 a session for the personal energy work, and $500 for clearing the energy in your home, office, land, or business. So, seems pretty legit.
              Last edited by andyprough; 17 October 2023, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post

One of the largest Linux organisations is now being ran by someone who believes in magic.
                Tbh, I don't see how is that worse compared to believing in an imaginary skydaddy, which the vast majority of the world believes in. Same human-mind-created delusion. But yeah, I wonder how do they elect the executive director, or why did they hire her specifically.
                Last edited by user1; 17 October 2023, 05:28 PM.

Comment

"Do you have any experience with Gnome?"

"Oh yeah, I've see a lot of them during my healing sessions"

"You're hired."

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

She does "One-on-one sessions for personal energy clearing and healing". She will also clear and heal your land, home or business. And she can do it all by phone. Healing ceremonies and rituals, and also working with psychic children. And guided shamanic journeying - that's a big one also.

Totally normal - sounds like she'll fit right in with Gnome. Maybe they can build personal energy cleansing and shamanic journey guidance directly into the desktop.

Edit: She charges $250 a session for the personal energy work, and $500 for clearing the energy in your home, office, land, or business. So, seems pretty legit.
                    IMHO, she sounds perfect for the job. If she can convince people to pay that kind of money for those kinds of services, she'll probably be able to get people to pony up some large donations.

Donations to the GNOME Foundation are the key to aligning your chakras. Donations over $1000 will give you good karma to increase you chi and repel bad auras and energies. We're also now accepting donations starting at $5000 to build GNOME Foundation Centers on Ley Lines across the world.

Comment

Perfect fit. No complaints whatsoever. Long live diversity and hail to our wise IBM overlords.

Comment

Working...
                      X