• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post
    *Grabs popcorn* This comment section is gonna be fun
    "Fun" is some word to describe it lol

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
      I've seen "EEE" a couple other times, recently. It stands for... ?
      Enbrace, extend, extinguish. Basically look at the .doc and .docx document standards and you will see where Microsoft employed it best.

Comment

BTW, I've long felt Lennart's design philosophy was more in line with that of Microsoft's. Seems like a good fit, in those terms.

I have some vague recollection of seeing him mention certain MS Windows technologies, in his writings about systemd. As if he were trying to re-create them on Linux. I could just be imagining that, however.
        I seem to recall the same, and that's not a bad thing. One can oppose ideologically to what MS represents and criticize some of their technical decisions, but not all of those are bad and it'd be stupid to not learn from their successes and mistakes.

Comment

Some of these guys turned against Linux on desktop after joining MS (Icaza and Robbins). Hope Lennart don't become one of these.

Comment

I know several guys who ended up at MS after working on Linux, they just employ a lot of software developers, and aren't afraid to pay the going rate.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
              Never been a better time to be transitioning all systems to OpenBSD and FreeBSD. Linux is not going in a good direction at all!
              They cannot win without GPL or similar license. Microsoft, Apple will take what they want. Too bad Lennart doesn't have honor.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
                This comes as a surprise, indeed.
                Not for many.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
                  They cannot win without GPL or similar license. Microsoft, Apple will take what they want. Too bad Lennart doesn't have honor.
                  I doubt, after what he's been through, that honor of all things is what he owes people like you lol.

Comment

I have some vague recollection of seeing him mention certain MS Windows technologies, in his writings about systemd.

Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

I seem to recall the same.
                    Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

I seem to recall the same.
                    iirc this was about pulseaudio and the need for a sound server.

With systemd and event based start up I think there used to be more reference to launchd from Apple for init and the BSDs for the idea of a unified repository for system services.

Comment

The Devuanites will never let us hear the end of this.

Comment

Working...
                      X