Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox 100 Now Available With Various Improvements

Phoronix: Mozilla Firefox 100 Now Available With Various Improvements

Mozilla has joined Google Chrome in the three digit version world with Firefox 100 being available this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You should have linked to the official download page instead of a link to the source code/precompiled Linux binary...
    (disregard if you happened to post this article even before official release)

Comment

"By default the scrollbar won't take space" YET another strike for stupidly self-centered UX wizards that know IT like the inner of their palm... *sigh*

It's exactly as dickish a move as Dolphin's "hide menubar by default and deal with it suckers".
      They don't seem to realize how large even today is the population that still struggles with basic manipulations and rely on that kinda of visual helpers / tangible buttons to help them.

And then they'll wonder why Firefox continues dropping...

Seriously, giving the OPTION to hide UX elements is GREAT. Setting it as default is being an ass to millions of people.

Comment

"They don't seem to realize how large even today is the population that still struggles with basic manipulations and rely on that kinda of visual helpers / tangible buttons to help them."

That's unfortunately true.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

So this is still not fixed ?

Comment

By default the scrollbars won't take space by default but this behavior can be modified through the Firefox preferences area with the "overlay scrollbars" feature.
            FFFFFFFFFFF...!

Some preference when my first goal is to minimize my browser's fingerprintability for anti-tracking purposes. (eg. It's already annoying enough to have to manually hand images off to wget or curl when saving them to avoid getting transparently "upgraded" to WebP because changing the Accept header would make my browser more unique.)

Comment

It can be disabled:
              Scrollbars on Linux and Windows 11 won't take space by default. On Linux, users can change this on aboutreferences. On Windows, we follow the system setting (System Settings > Accessibility > Visual Effects > Always show scrollbars). To change this just on Firefox, use the widget.windows.overlay-scrollbars.enabled pref from about:config.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                That's unfortunately true.
                recently in germany ...me waiting in foreigners registration office.

Me waiting
                Clerk typing...
                *Supervisor passes by*
                Clerk "Oh its good to see you boss.. could you show me where to switch on the printer?"
                Supervisor "*rolling eyes* Mrs. XYZ ...I have multiple times showed you the button"

True story!

Comment

Let's hope that maybe, some day, technology will have advanced enough so that Firefox will be able to remember its window position on application exit and restore it again when it starts. Although it might be not a realistic hope. Even the most speculative of science fiction authors don't dare to mention this kind of hyper-advanced technology.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    You should have linked to the official download page instead of a link to the source code/precompiled Linux binary...
                    (disregard if you happened to post this article even before official release)
                    It's not officially out yet.

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    Let's hope that maybe, some day, technology will have advanced enough so that Firefox will be able to remember its window position on application exit and restore it again when it starts. Although it might be not a realistic hope. Even the most speculative of science fiction authors don't dare to mention this kind of hyper-advanced technology.
                    I thought that's the task of your window system, not Firefox'. AFAIK Kwin/KDE does that beautifully.
                    Last edited by birdie; 03 May 2022, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X