Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't everyone pressure AMD to release their source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think you can expect them to just like release the code !!!!
    there are shareholders there are IP rights and not to mention patent and stuff of that sort. you cant just expect them to release it like "puff"

Comment

Originally posted by louisg View Post
      i dont think you can expect them to just like release the code !!!!
      there are shareholders there are IP rights and not to mention patent and stuff of that sort. you cant just expect them to release it like "puff"
      We'd probably need HPC tier customers to value full libre boot systems to get shareholders to care much

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni Fabbro View Post

So saying that you don't agree that AMD has any kind of "win/win scenario" in what you propose is somehow off-topic? I thought you were done arguing? Are you done slinging insults and care to address the counterpoint at hand?: There really is no adequate business reason for them to unprotect their intellectual property. There are no major hardware companies out there that disagree with me and agree with your side of the argument - they all close their firmware interfaces. If you really want them to do with this, you need to come up with a valid reason as to why it makes a good business decision for them, because maybe you have a point that I, and everyone else, overlooked.
        Pretty cool and awesome.

Comment

Working...
        X