Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't everyone pressure AMD to release their source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't everyone pressure AMD to release their source?

It seems beneficial for consumers and AMD both! Consumers would be able to use LibreBoot and have more verifiable security claims - and AMD would be able to boast and market. Win/Win.

Even at the risk of feeding a troll, source code of what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
      At the risk of replying to someone who always assumes bad intentions:

Comment

Originally posted by make_adobe_on_Linux! View Post

At the risk of replying to someone who always assumes bad intentions:
        https://libreboot.org/amd-libre.html
        Bottom line: shareholders and IP trump the current demand, which is next to nil.

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni Fabbro View Post

Bottom line: shareholders and IP trump the current demand, which is next to nil.
          And then thousands of internet geniuses parrot what they imagine are investor desires in their spare time on forums...

Comment

And then thousands of internet geniuses parrot what they imagine are investor desires in their spare time on forums...
            I have never heard of an investor or shareholder in any considerable size company that designs something unique, and profits from selling it, say "let's give away our design blueprints to the public". Please do tell if you've ever heard of one. I'd like to meet them.

Comment

Originally posted by make_adobe_on_Linux!

Wow you know so much about business. Did you go to business school? Harvard?!
              Why are you trying to start an argument by slinging insults? I made a proposal to you: show me evidence of investors or shareholders of a major hardware design company to suggest supplying their blueprints to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                You analyzed that situation correctly.

Comment

I'm the OP, you're off topic. Stop trying to destroy shit you don't agree with.

Comment

I'm the OP, you're off topic. Stop trying to destroy shit you don't agree with.
                    So saying that you don't agree that AMD has any kind of "win/win scenario" in what you propose is somehow off-topic? I thought you were done arguing? Are you done slinging insults and care to address the counterpoint at hand?: There really is no adequate business reason for them to unprotect their intellectual property. There are no major hardware companies out there that disagree with me and agree with your side of the argument - they all close their firmware interfaces. If you really want them to do with this, you need to come up with a valid reason as to why it makes a good business decision for them, because maybe you have a point that I, and everyone else, overlooked.

Comment

Working...
                    X