Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Look here, traitor.
    only because someone has a different opinion to you does not make him a traitor.

by "law" he did nothing what gives you the right to call him a Traitor.
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      STiAT And that’s the main problem with the KDE free Qt foundation. You assume it is a water tight agreement protecting you against any malicious actions. Surprise, it doesn’t. Legally Qt can circumvent many issues and cause trouble.
      yes right you are fully right.... the Qt company is just a controlled opposition a false flag in a talmud style divide and conquer strategy to hurt the Linux/FLOSS Ecosystem and cause as much damage as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        I wish you would leave us in peace already.
        please top telling people to quit the phoronix forum ... and a person who has admin right to delete stuff should not do this double time.

if your feelings are hurt only because people write their true opinion in the phoronix forum then you should take a break and do something else like breading rabbits or do gardening.

you are not forced to read here or to write her or to admin here.

Comment

oiaohm Re-reading your answer I think I spotted the flaw in your reasoning. You wrote that “A full proper Open Governance Model does not use CLA instead just uses the License itself.” assuming that’s KDAB position.
          KDAB said they wanted to use THE Qt Open Governance model. That’s the current way with CLA. So any fork backed by KDAB would be CLA.
          Now what?
          you are right their business model is to keep the CLA at all cost because their business is to make CLOSED SOURCE from the open-source slave who do a signatur on the CLA contract.

it is slavery and the abuse of power. no one should ever do this by free will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

please top telling people to quit the phoronix forum ... and a person who has admin right to delete stuff should not do this double time.

if your feelings are hurt only because people write their true opinion in the phoronix forum then you should take a break and do something else like breading rabbits or do gardening.

you are not forced to read here or to write her or to admin here.

*sighs* This 144Hz person is just so annoying with his pro-GNOME propaganda, and he's been doing so since the last 7 years (Honton/funkSTAR/Griffin/GhostOfFunkS/Mentalist).

Michael Please tell Qaridarium that you were the one who deleted the other post.
            I did not delete it because I would be attacked for doing so.

Comment

• Qaridarium & 144Hz you have both been warned otherwise bans.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Qaridarium & 144Hz you have both been warned otherwise bans.
                Tell me what did i do wrong? i just ask because without telling me this i could not improve myself to become a better person in the future.

Comment

oiaohm So Till Adam made a mistake and put in an “Open” when he described the Governance model. And now you blame me? Sorry that’s his fault not mine. Clearly he means the current governance model where Qt gets the CLA.

No Till Adam is stating what model they are going to take a fork forwards with. Note he never writes Qt Open Governance model.

They are aware that this would mean the end of contributions > via Open Governance in practice.

Not they are talking about being able to operate as if under open governance in practice. This change makes that practice impossible. So 12 months delay makes Open Governance impossible so CLA unworkable.

Really you have not read very much Till Adam because if he is directly talking about Qt Governance model he always calls it "The Qt Governance Model" always written that way.

When Till Adam writes Open Governance he is talking about the concept of Open Governance.

Basically you are miss reading his email badly. Nothing he writes says they are keeping the CLA in fact the next section you don't understand because if you did you would know Qt CLA is not table:.

If Qt Company were to delay Free Software releases by the maximum allowed by the Free Qt Agreement, KDAB would be prevented from contributing under the Open Governance process to the Qt Company maintained Qt tree and would thus contribute to, support and sustain any community-driven Qt repository that follows the Open Governance process and spirit.
                  KDAB supporting a community-driven Qt repository independent to may Qt is straight up saying screw the current QT CLA and QT commercial license going forwards because both of those state you cannot do this. So how can the Qt CLA apply going forwards when what is written is straight up breach of Qt CLA.

Basically KDAB in that email as said if KDE wants KDAB will give up there commercial involvement with "The Qt Company".

The reality KDAB wants who ever is the maintainer of the Qt tree to provide them with a true Open Governance operation if they don't KDAB will move on in worst case fork it themselves. So KDAB is not asking for a Qt Open Governance model they are asking for a Open Governance model in general that 12 month delay on open source version is 100 percent going to be impossible in practice so they don't care any more what QT CLA or QT Commercial license says..

KDAB does not care if what givens them Open Governance has a "The Qt Company" CLA or commercial license form otherwise they would not have said they will straight up support a community fork that breaches both of them.

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                  Nokia’s model wasn’t that different. Just different semantics and they had to do CLA instead of requiring copyright assignment. Mainly because German Law got complicated when copyright was transferred without proper compensation.
                  Next when Nokia first did the Governance model with Qt the Qt code base was dual license so that all submit code has to be under commercial and open source license so no CLA or copyright assignement required..

Basically this is you not knowing the history. CLA is a latter thing to Open Governance was added latter to basically claw back control.

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                  Oh And we agree that Qt targets KDAB, read my #79 in this thread. I wrote that before you joined the discussions.
                  Yes but on #79 you give no consideration on how KDAB will fight back and if they will do it with KDE developers. The email on that mailing lists shows KDAB is mega pissed and willing to fork.

That email I am pointing shows that KDAB is very much threatening to fork. Now if "The Qt Company" calls KDAB bluff things could get very interesting very quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by jf33 View Post
                    If they really fork Qt, they should take the opportunity and throw out all bloat that nobody uses anyway.
                    Qt-- To cut the Gordian knot do the fork, once for all.
                    Also dropping commercial CLA
                    Last edited by onicsis; 15 April 2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• this all sounds very strange to me i read all the posts and all the arguments but still how in hell something like this could happen ...

and i have very different theory how this happens and i have very different background Intel.

the cabale who funded the controlled opposition to a true FLOSS without CLA had no problem funds its subversive activity years ago and now they magically run out of money and their puppets run out of money.

in my knowledge X22 report and other to "Q anon" related Intel sources pointed to the fact that the cabale lost control over the US FED central bank. the Earth Allianz and the Gnostic Illuminati paid 2 trillion gold backed dollars to take over the FED.

this means the cabale is no longer able to fund its subversive puppets by just printing FIAT money dollars. and this fact end up in the lag of money for companies like the Qt Company.

but to be honest this Qt people are just as much Victims as the true "FLOSS without CLA" people in this game. there where used as controlled opposition and now their masters pushing them in front of a fast moving bus.

my advice is do not talk with them about about forking QT or not forking QT because a fork in fact will have a disastrous outcome for these people. I promise you all this will end in a disaster.

why not sell this Qt company to IBM/Redhat or ask the Linux foundation and then instead of subversive activity and controlled opposition they can start do real work to the benefit for all.

Comment

Working...
                      X