Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Stallman Reportedly Steps Down As Head Of The GNU Project

Phoronix: Richard Stallman Reportedly Steps Down As Head Of The GNU Project

It was just two days ago that Richard Stallman said he would continue as head of the GNU project after last week having resigned as head of the Free Software Foundation (as well as his post at MIT), but this afternoon he reportedly has stepped down from his GNU leadership role...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Jesus fucking christ, when did the overall linux community turn to witch hunts?

Guess I'll start looking at BSD.

EDIT:
    It doesn't even matter who it is, this just toxic behavior.
    Last edited by fuzz; 28 September 2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Wait, what? Was anyone even still pushing at this stage? This stuff is really getting out of proportion, and risks throwing out the babies with the bathwater.

Comment

Game over man. Game over. This just won't stop.

Comment

What, again? Come on.
          Richard. This might sound extreme but without you free software may enter some sort of dark age.
          You are one of these few people that are very passionate about defending free/open-source software to the utmost. Without you I don't know how is the GNU project (which basically is present on every Linux installation) going to fare in the future.

Please, realize you're making a mistake by stepping down, and go back to being the GNU project leader. Thank you.
          Last edited by tildearrow; 28 September 2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz;n1129325[language
            when did the overall linux community turn to witch hunts?

EDIT:
            It doesn't even matter who it is, this just toxic behavior.
            Yes stallman is guilty of toxic behavior... is he practically the poster child for toxic behavior. At multiple levels even. So no this is not some SJW witch hunt... its just him finally getting what is due despite years of his position and fame holding it back.

Comment

It was my understanding that the man was misquoted, and his words were used against him out of context. The fact that it took him 20 years to retract a statement is nothing alarming to me. (Main talking point on Reddit) Can you remember every forum post or e-mail you've written, I'm sure some views each of us had from back then have changed, but this didn't even seem like his view. It seems to me, someone was digging for dirt, found a quote and sent it to make headlines even if it was out of context, and of course the writers will write, because news is news and clicks are money. Why should they fact check when they get paid anyway, nobody wants more work. This just seems like a easy way to get someone destroyed. What a terrible world we live in.

On a side note, pedos make me sick and should be hung, but this man does not seem like one of them.

Comment

I'm really not a fan of what he says, but these witch hunts are just wrong. Regardless of his opinions and views, Richard Stallman has done amazing things for the FOSS movement and we can't pretend that didn't happen.

What happened to innocent before proven guilty?

Comment

Waiting for editorial cartoons showing RMS visiting Hans Reiser in jail...

Update: even though this doesn't exist, how would you caption it?

Mine: "You were right." "No, you were right."

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
                    unfortunately for people like you, they also don't tolerate such disgusting behavior.

Comment

Working...
                    X