Debian's New Project Leader Hits The Ground Running With Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Ask anything? Sure. Why does the Anti-Harassment team page have a link to the Geek Feminism wiki? Why is reverse discrimination taking over the world?!
    You immediately exposed yourself...I don't know if you're being ignorant, or just don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Debian is searching for brainless slaves. Only way is to make your own distribution when you want to make Debian better.
      Hahahahaha! Classic, Dweebian. So you'll now be called linuxfromscratchxfce? Hahahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        Because of people like you.

Because it has no basis in reality and was DOA.
        No, it's because of power hungry ideologues, their useful idiot white knights and people being afraid of being smeared with the usual nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          Because it has no basis in reality ...
          Great, you ruin my joke just so you can be funny yourself. You're the kind of person who kills all fun, because all you ever do is suck.

Here is another joke for you then...

A rock, a peanut and a banana are posting a comment after reading a Phoronix article. The rock says, "I'm hard." and the peanut says "I'm salty.", when along comes the banana and says "You two have no basis in reality."

Last edited by sdack; 01 May 2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
            You immediately exposed yourself...I don't know if you're being ignorant, or just don't understand.
            Believe what you want, reality is out of your control. As silly as "likes" are in a forum like this, they are an indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post

It's not like we are hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post

It's not like we are hiding.
                I'm really glad that you are not. Phoronix is loaded with bigoted comments, abusive threads, and plain old nasty people. It's a useful place to look when researching a potential hire or collaborator.

Comment

Debian prevents new developers to develop Debian packages. There is no Launchpad.

"Before applying as a packaging DD you should have a track record of maintaining packages for at least six months.
                  "

This rule banish pro developers effectively. Debian is searching for brainless slaves. Only way is to make your own distribution when you want to make Debian better.
                  What?

Are you really saying that you want people with no proven history to be able to upload packages to the official repos? That's just nuts.

Arch has a similar methodology, you need to have a proven history of good quality packages in the AUR and sponsorship from a current TU before even being considered to maintain packages in the repos.

Also software developers aren't necessarily the best people to package software, the roles have different scopes and responsibilities. There's a nice article about it here...
                  Last edited by Slithery; 01 May 2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Oibaf ppa is 8 years old now. Timo Aaltonen who maintains Debian and Ubuntu Mesa very seldom should be replaced with Oibaf, but not possible because of 6 months rule. Is that clever?
                    The route to developer status is quite clear, if Oibaf wanted to become a maintainer they could have quite easily done so by now. I think you're getting confused between maintainer status and the rules for software versioning that Debian has.

It is stupid that Debian/Ubuntu users have several repositories of Mesa: old and buggy distribution version, Oibaf ppa, Padoka ppa and Ubuntu X-swat ppa. What a waste of resources.
                    I completely agree.

It's one of the main reasons that Debian is such a terrible distro for workstation/gaming use.
                    Last edited by Slithery; 01 May 2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by swizzler View Post
                      I'm really glad that you are not. Phoronix is loaded with bigoted comments, abusive threads, and plain old nasty people.
                      Except the only people here with bigoted comments and plain old nasty people are the ones condemning those who speak out...?

Comment

Working...
                      X