Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linus Torvalds Comments On STIBP & He's Not Happy - STIBP Default Will End Up Changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
    FOSS community is "boys" only? Perhaps that's why it's so immature.
    There exist many professions that slant pretty heavily towards one particular gender and the funny/interesting/horrifying part about this (depending on your perspective) is that is that this, along with other gender differences, only becomes more pronounced in more egalitarian societies. Not only that, this is one of the most best replicated research conclusions in the history of psychology. Psychologists expected the effects of egalitarianism to be the exact opposite, but as it turns out the saying that men are interested in things while women are interested in people is more true than what many would like to admit.

Thus when you consider what this means for human nature, tech in general being something of a sausage-fest is just the inevitable end result of human nature. Not that there aren't exceptions because there just about always is when it comes to nature, but the current status quo just doesn't seem to have anything genuinely sinister behind it. If efforts in changing this should be ramped up or down is another matter entirely, but it's now pretty clear that the more sinister explanations for the status quo have been debunked.

Comment

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
      Nah, he has been indoctrinated by PC people during the forced "vacation". We've lost boys.
      Actually when typing this message Linus was wearing a pink dress.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
        Michael and it's me, sir, who made Linus notice the issue. I'm just saying. Despite tons of hatred that I receive here. Luckily I don't care.
        You'd receive a lot less hate if you weren't so hostilely opinionated and, ironically, attention-seeking.

Comment

This new CoC in ass Linus seems to not be getting respected by his 50% performance cutting under-comrades. Who could see that coming?

Everyone.

Comment

Glad to see Linux saying essentially what i have been saying here and many trolls called me an idiot, moronic, etc. Take that trolls...

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              Michael and it's me, sir, who made Linus notice the issue. I'm just saying. Despite tons of hatred that I receive here. Luckily I don't care.

It's kinda sad that when I'm saying something here people disregard me, but if it's Linus then, "Oh, God, he's so right".
              "so Linus, how did you find out about these performance issues"

"A little birdie told me..."

Comment

We need a central guide how to disable all the mitigations both at runtime and also at compile time.

Thanks for your efforts, Michael. While I'm not a fan of every benchmark of yours, I still disable the adblocker on non-mobile devices because you often do a great job otherwise.

Comment

What's the kernel switch, if any, to disable it?

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                    We need a central guide how to disable all the mitigations both at runtime and also at compile time.

Thanks for your efforts, Michael. While I'm not a fan of every benchmark of yours, I still disable the adblocker on non-mobile devices because you often do a great job otherwise.
                    I'm not Michael, but have you considered subscribing? I think Michael usually has some decent discounts around Christmas. Even if you don't care much for the benchmarks, it's still a good place to find news. And a "lifetime" subscription is what, about the cost of a pair of shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                      You'd receive a lot less hate if you weren't so hostilely opinionated and, ironically, attention-seeking.
                      "hostilely" - you mean I call BS what I see BS? Sorry, I can't restrain myself when there is a lot more idiots on the Internet than of reasonable people who actually know something. You see, IRL idiots are at least prudent enough to remain silent - not so much on the internet where absolute most people are hidden behind nicknames. And, also when you're polite, your reasoning will be simply dismissed.

Opinionated, you mean "knowledgeable"?

"ironically, attention-seeking" - never thought about that actually. And if I really were, I'd find another avenue. And being notorious among Linux users? WTF, are you even serious? It's like being famous among hobos. Yes, it's a sort of insult but your reply was a pure insult in the first place because it egregiously misrepresented facts.

Still, fuck off. At least I made Linus notice the issue. You, petty fuckers at Phoronix, may keep on upvoting your insults towards me as much as you want. Most of you bloody suckers haven't done anything for Linux or open source in your entire useless life and you hate everyone with a brain who notices issues with your OS which most people in the world couldn't care less about.

Well, thank you.
                      Last edited by birdie; 20 November 2018, 05:38 AM. Reason: Linux -> Linus

Comment

Working...
                      X