Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linus Torvalds Comments On STIBP & He's Not Happy - STIBP Default Will End Up Changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

FOSS community is "boys" only? Perhaps that's why it's so immature.
    how can he not mention the attack helicopters.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Michael and it's me, sir, who made Linus notice the issue. I'm just saying. Despite tons of hatred that I receive here. Luckily I don't care.

It's kinda sad that when I'm saying something here people disregard me, but if it's Linus then, "Oh, God, he's so right".
      FYI: you only receive hatred when you post total bs without proof, and yes you usually do.

So stop crying and improve the quality of your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post
        We talked a lot about Spectre, Meltdown or Heartbleed but, AFAIK, they were never actually exploited in practice, while tons of much less known issues where actually exploited to hack millions of systems.
        You are correct about Spectre and Meltdown, but there were multiple real victims of Heartbleed.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          Michael and it's me, sir, who made Linus notice the issue. I'm just saying. Despite tons of hatred that I receive here. Luckily I don't care.

It's kinda sad that when I'm saying something here people disregard me, but if it's Linus then, "Oh, God, he's so right".
          OK, we have silver medal for you

Comment

Gee, how hard can it be. Simply prompt the user to pick YES or NO on whether he wants the mitigations enabled or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
              Nah, he has been indoctrinated by PC people during the forced "vacation". We've lost boys.
              troll much?

Comment

It is not boys only , i am using Openbox WM for about 15 years now and author is Dana Jansens

But i could agree, many boys create just bullshit particulary on Desktop side of things If i could i would ban them from there altogether
                Last edited by dungeon; 19 November 2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Of course it's boi only! Chicks don't make for good hax0r. Maybe for some exfiltration misson where they need to distract guards, but other then that it's just males, preferably white/asiatic/indian.

Also don't you see the profile pictures on the left? There's no grills in this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by ddriver View Post
                    Gee, how hard can it be. Simply prompt the user to pick YES or NO on whether he wants the mitigations enabled or not.
                    I've been saying this for years, to let the actual user decide what he / she wants, but the developers just don't care about choice.

Comment

Thanks Michael for what you do and the benchmark proof behind shedding light on this issue! Thank you birdie for bringing to Torvalds' attention. I figured the reposts and news headlines would have gotten to him if not for your email though. Until I saw your post, I assumed that's how he knew. Either way, the job is getting done, so thanks to everyone involved.

I don't remember who said it, but I loved the line about "Friends don't let friends use Spectre/Meltdown mitigations".

Comment

Working...
                      X