Qt Drafts A Code of Conduct To Have A Formal Line About Unacceptable Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmanuel Deloget View Post

No, he said that because he seems to think that Social Justice is a concept that has been invented by Hitler which of course is wrong (there are references of social justice way before that) . Doing so, he conveniently forgets the fact that dictators always change the meaning of words in order to masquerade as good enough guys.

Social Justice means Social Justice, whatever Hitler wanted it to be. From John Mill : "Society should treat all equally well who have deserved equally well of it, that is, who have deserved equally well absolutely. This is the highest abstract standard of social and distributive justice; towards which all institutions, and the efforts of all virtuous citizens, should be made in the utmost degree to converge." (see wikiquotes for references). I fail to see how that would be a bad thing, and I also fail to see how the view promoted by Hitler was in any way similar to this - it fell short on the very first part of the first proposition.

So I would say this is a very classical Goodwin point: resorting to Hitler in the hope of killing the debate.
    No, The SJ in SJW is the same as the Social Justice that the Nazi's believed in, that people were responsible for the crimes of their ancestors and should be punished for them.
    Nazi's believes that Jews of the past had exploited the poor German workers to get rich and that they were responsible for the inequality in society. So in order to achieve equality they should punish the current Jews. Same logic SJW's use when they say white people should be punished and have their assets confiscated in order to compensate black people for historical slavery. You can't just try and dismiss an argument by citing Goodwin when you are in fact using the same logic as the Nazi's used.

Originally posted by Emmanuel Deloget View Post
    "Society should treat all equally well who have deserved equally well of it, that is, who have deserved equally well absolutely."

I also fail to see how the view promoted by Hitler was in any way similar to this - it fell short on the very first part of the first proposition.
    It didn't fall short according to SJW logic, in their view since one group had committed crimes against another group they needed to be punished in order to have everyone be treated as equal, after all how can you say everyone is being treated equal if you let one group get away with hurting the other?
    Last edited by Spazturtle; 24 October 2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

So you are saying that it's fine to foster a toxic work environment as long as the code is okay? Perhaps there would be even more good code if more skilled people weren't turned away by the toxic working environment?
      The actual issue is not code of conducts. It's the Contributor Covenant.

Comment

Originally posted by IreMinMon View Post

There is no "right to not be harassed". Such thing doesn't exist. There's legal behavior and illegal behavior. If somebody's breaking the laws feel free to take them to court. If you don't want to be harassed, well, you can build your pillow castle on the floor of YOUR living room and refuse to get out. Nobody's going to harass you there. But there is no point in turning internet into your personal pillow castle.
        Really? Next time you have a wild party and the police get called on you, try telling the officers that.... Go ahead... It'll be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

You know the sh-peel about freedom..... It's double sided tape, it sticks both ways..... If your freedom of speech is used to be an asshole and it impedes on someone else's freedom to not be harassed, then your freedom breaks his freedom.... Duh... Who's freedom has priority? You being an asshole or him not getting harassed? Bad or Good. Wrong or right.

I can't understand why people don't get freedom. Freedom -IS- a evil vs good type of thing.
          No, just because you say something negative about a developer doesn't make you bad or him good. E.g. if I say "you're an asshole" - it's not harassment if you really are an asshole. The implication that saying negative stuff about others automatically makes you the asshole means you're the idiot who doesn't know that society is complicated and some people deserve to be called out. That's why I like Linus.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

No, just because you say something negative about a developer doesn't make you bad or him good. E.g. if I say "you're an asshole" - it's not harassment if you really are an asshole. The implication that saying negative stuff about others automatically makes you the asshole means you're the idiot who doesn't know that society is complicated and some people deserve to be called out. That's why I like Linus.
            Freedom doesn't have anything to do with "deserving", it's the difference between right and wrong. Nobody deserves to be wronged.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              Nobody deserves to be wronged.
              Developers especially shouldn't be wronged as they are always right, so no one should file bugs anymore as bugs are our natural feature

We should probably make mass call for everybody to stop filling bugs as bugs are so beautuful to have

Stop discrimation and genocide of insecta, we animals should join our insecta friends
              Last edited by dungeon; 24 October 2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

LOL, what a pathetic joke!

"contributor-covenant"

Countdown to SJW attacks on innocent developers...

Only took two days with Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

So you are saying that it's fine to foster a toxic work environment as long as the code is okay? Perhaps there would be even more good code if more skilled people weren't turned away by the toxic working environment?
                  And this is the nightmare that is destroying the open source community, the creepy virtue signaling white knights.

Creeps like Brisse are the ones enabling these toxic and hateful SJWs like Coraline Ada Ehmke. The SJWs would have no power to attack and destroy without these pathetic creeps.

Comment

I must confess my faith in the Open Source software development community is plummeting. As the post above mentions. I understand they are sad freaks everywhere trying to impose their political agendas. The world and especially the internet is full of them. But why people do not simply gently tell them to take a hike and leave the world alone.

(Well, it has been done in several instances but the phenomenon is less marginal than what logic suggests).

There was long ago a comic strip by Gerard Lauzier parodying the left wing militancy and describing sex militants. The title was quite dumb but the story amused me. Lauzier was good as a caricaturist. Maybe he unwittingly wrote a documentary.

Being raised by those kind of sad militants that want to rid the world of Evil i can tell unfortunately that if such behaviour persists beyond a few years of campus militancy the individuals are entirely incurable.

Comment

Which is honestly how I feel about this. CoC are not static documents, not the good ones anyway, and are only as good as they are enforced.
                      Flawed, sure but that is something that can be changed. That said, we no longer live in an age where it can be assumed that every contributor is a good actor without some guideline to what that is and means. The free-for-all died years ago, and it is not coming back.

Comment

Working...
                      X