Qt Drafts A Code of Conduct To Have A Formal Line About Unacceptable Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brisse View Post
    All I see is more FUD and conspiracy theories and at the same time facists are making headlines as we speak by making death threats and sending bombs to democrats. It's exactly the sort of "invert argumentation" Emmanuel mentioned.
    Oh yeah, anyone who is not singing the SJW tune is by default a fascist nazi white cisgender male chauvinist. No exceptions. Now that is solid argumentation

Comment

• Originally posted by Brisse View Post
      All I see is more FUD and conspiracy theories and at the same time facists are making headlines as we speak by making death threats and sending bombs to democrats. It's exactly the sort of "invert argumentation" Emmanuel mentioned.
      Imagine being this dull that you believe that the winning side sends real bomb packages that fail to work right before the midterm elections to democrats like its a #metoo campaign while the photos prove the package is totally legit by a Mexican that is friends with Hillary, worked for democrat and is arrested for entirely different reasons then bomb threats with white-washed photos on CNN(because the democrats and CNN have such a good track record of being integral and truthful).
      That is a lot of mental gymnastics...

Comment

• Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

Imagine being this dull that you believe that the winning side sends real bomb packages that fail to work right before the midterm elections to democrats like its a #metoo campaign while the photos prove the package is totally legit by a Mexican that is friends with Hillary, worked for democrat and is arrested for entirely different reasons then bomb threats with white-washed photos on CNN(because the democrats and CNN have such a good track record of being integral and truthful).
        That is a lot of mental gymnastics...
        That's usually when those things tend to happen. When there is the least amount of motive and it more looks like it may be your enemies that are behind it. That makes it perfectly inconspicuous
        Last edited by ddriver; 27 October 2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by msotirov View Post
          No one said it fits every developer out there. That said, I would say that about 30% to 40% of my developer colleagues are highly sexist – literally believing women are dumber and can't code and that they should just stick to raising children. And that's in Germany, by the way. I would say the proportion is much higher in my home country in Eastern Europe.
          I feel bad for you. I've got 99 problems (most of them on JIRA) but workplace harassment/discrimination isn't one of them. I've worked for several high profile tech corporations in Poland and all I can say is this - the workplace culture is so polite that we don't need to reinforce kindness and respect with a CoC. Everyone gets along. The most controversial stuff I've seen at work was that some people would put MLP figurines on their desk, wear Hyena Agenda or other furry T-shirts, and even, have their desktop wallpaper, JIRA avatar, Office365 avatar and workplace IM avatar all set within 1 franchise like Steven Universe or Adventure Time. And guess what? This is a cause of concern to literally nobody.

Comment

Working...
          X