Qt Drafts A Code of Conduct To Have A Formal Line About Unacceptable Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post

It would be fairer to say something like "unwanted mexicans" (which is ignorant as hell all in itself), but I think someone was trying to sound smart and made up the term "illegal alien".... I think there are multiple layers of ignorance involved with this policy.....
    Perhaps the term comes from an ignorant place to begin with, but when that alien Trump and his administration is specifically encouraging it's use it's not out of ignorance, but because they are pushing an agenda.

The Justice Department has instructed its US attorney offices not to use the term “undocumented” immigrants, according to a copy of an email obtained by CNN.

Comment

• Originally posted by duby229 View Post

No, he used some really flawed logic. "Illegal" is not a bad word to say about someone and "alien" is not something that someone can be.

EDIT: And even if the government totally replaced "illegal alien" with "dirty spick" it still wouldn't make hate speech alright. It'll never be alright.
      There's even a song about being a legal alien... Alien just means that it/you are foreign to where it/you are (it since alien can also be used for things/plants/animals in foreign ecosystems (like rabbits were to australia))

Brisse
      Illegal Alien is just a description, same as illegal immigrant (or legal alien/legal immigrant).

Illegal Alien:
      a foreign person who lives in a country without having official permission to live there
      a foreign person who lives in a country without having official permission to live there… See the full definition

Comment

• Originally posted by curfew View Post
        That's the most retarded strawman I've ever countered. I asked why is political orientation not a protected right under CoCs and your answer is "because racism is not a political orientation". Fuck off, retard.

P.S. I am so sorry about not using an asterisk in telling you to fuck off.
        You asked, and I explained in another post why I think your pitiful attempt to conceal your fascism (yup, that's what it is - don't expect me to sugarcoat my words) as a "political opinion" was just that: pitiful.

Oh, and I've been using asterisks because I thought Phoronix's filters would disallow the full words. But even still, *I* don't have to tell you to go "fuck off retard", because the open source community in general has already done so most adequately. With their new CoC, both Linus and Linux have just given you people the finger in exactly the same way it was given to Nvidia not that long ago.

Please enjoy.

Originally posted by mastermind View Post
        So people like you have zero evidence of any "problems" that you make up in your sick minds and then waste our time with all this nonsense like these CoCs.
        To be honest, it's not that I have zero evidence; it's just that I don't care to waste my time finding proper examples and quoting them to you, when it's so clear you're never going to accept them as evidence. You're unfortunately too thick-headed for that.

And like I said to the previous guy: even if you pretend that I'm not here and my opinion doesn't matter, it's the open source community itself that has just given you, and those like you, the finger in the form of the CoC. Now, please go enjoy it and stop annoying me with your nonsense. Thanks.

Originally posted by Amalek View Post

*useless blabber*

By the way, the BEST response to these SWJ's Codes of Conduct is WITHDRAW!... Just get the f*ck off those projects, even the Linux Kernel, f*ck them. Implement your own, and have fun, that's what all this Open Source thingy should be about.
        You're exactly the kind of "human" being that has prompted all these CoCs sprouting around these days like mushrooms after an autumn rain. Normal people have grown extremely tired of you and are not willing to put up with your crap anymore. Good riddance.

Oh, and of course: you people are more than welcome to fork the Linux kernel. Let's see where that gets you

Originally posted by ddriver View Post
        Funny thing is that radical SJWs, a.k.a antifa, which supposedly stands for "anti fascist", have a behavioral pattern routine that overlaps 100% with that of your average, classic fascist. Gotta appreciate the irony.

It is just pathetic when you claim to be all about diversity, and yet feel like everyone's view has to conform to yours. For the time being, PC/SJW enthusiasts are definitely making it look they only support diversity in a very narrow, and as someone with a strongly pronounced sociological and psychological background, I dare say highly detrimental context.

I know it might be hard to grasp for certain individuals, but focus on it, you cannot both be pro-diversity and claim to be a behavioral role mode at the same time. The two are mutually exclusive. While we are at talking "definitions", you might want to look the definition of "diversity".
        Originally posted by Karl Popper
        "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance."

Go read that and enlighten yourself, little grasshopper. But I guess you already knew about it, what with your "strongly sociological and psychological background". Amirite?

Originally posted by Emmanuel Deloget View Post

Look. Some of you are American. I get that. You never had to cope with explicit nazism or fascism in your country and it might be easy for them to blur the lines. I'm European. I know fascism when I see it. I know how it works. I know how it spreads. And I can tell you: these guys are fascists.

Don't even try to speak to them, you're allowing them to spread their sh*t. They want a right to harass. They want a right to show their hate without having to cope with the fallout of their behavior.

Give that to them, and they'll force you to listen.
        Amen to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nocifer View Post

Go read that and enlighten yourself, little grasshopper. But I guess you already knew about it, what with your "strongly sociological and psychological background". Amirite?
          Your attempt at being condescending is so anemic it raises a real dilemma as to whether it is funny or sad overall. Like that other one, which presumed that the notion of "SJWs being history" implies they are gonna make history, and everyone who makes it into history gotta be doing great. Hitler concurs. A single individual to not only overshadow the cumulative impact of SJWs on history, but also sill enjoys a strong, and dare I say growing following even after decades of demonizing and legally prosecuting it.

I dare say I am a very liberal person. My motto is "do as you want as long as you don't tread on others". But certain people are all about treading on others, and if those people violate my liberty, I am entitled to exercise the liberty to break a few legs. It is not something that I want to do or will take pleasure in doing, but I would definitely not shy away from its necessity. People who don't respect my liberty are not entitled to liberty, or as you put it, it is OK to be intolerant of the intolerant. It is as simple as Boolean logic really, good towards good = good, good towards bad = bad, bad towards good = bad, and last but not least, bad against bad = good. If only laws followed that universal logic...

I dare say many places on the planet have strong, lingering effects of racial, ethnic or gender (by which I mean biological sex) discrimination, to the point it has become a cultural thing, and that's far from OK. But I don't think the solution to that is to discriminate against white males and pretend that makes it OK. Those who discriminated against blacks or women and the politicians and corporate executives, the same people that now "make it right" by discriminating white males. If you want to make it right, sanction the executives, and put that money into educational programs, so that minorities can earn their position with competence, not with silly quota systems that hire incompetent or less productive people because of their race or gender, which is racist or sexist. Those actually guilty of social injustice not only get to walk away without punishment, they even get to continue doing it, and pretend it is actually restoring justice.

I dare say many people are disillusioned with what the world allows them to be, I know I feel that way myself. But that's really a desire to be something truer and better, and a response in which I mutilate myself and go about claiming to be something that I am not and make that manifestation of mental disorder my peak life achievement is the exact opposite - it is even faker and more degrading than being a typical cog person. I cannot, in good conscience, give validation, approval, or even abstain from criticizing something that harmful and stupid. I do not cheer at people's downfall, even those that I don't like, because they ultimately drag society's average lower with them. I don't mind anyone's perversions tho, as long as they keep it to themselves, in their private space, as every decent person should. It is called "common decency", alas, nowadays just as rare as "common sense"...

That being said, unlike JSWs, I am liberal enough to respect their right to be wrong. Too bad and sad they don't seem to respect or even acknowledge their right to be right.

As for the CoC, if people come together for the sake of making a software product, then that should be the priority. It is counterproductive to cast quality contributions away for any reason, just as it is counterproductive to allow lousy contributions for any reason, especially if said reason is to appease an absurd political agenda.

It should go without saying, but I will mention it just in case it wasn't obvious enough - those who spearheaded the CoC craze are all greedy, soulless corporate entities who see their employees as no more than mere disposable cogs and their consumers as no more than mere milking cattle. They keep on lowering the bar on expectations, each year they manage to reduce powerful technology into more useless, overpriced toys for vain dummies, entrenching society into an ecosystem that is less and less about being useful to people and more and more about using people.

The very notion that those would, on their own accord, and ever so keenly adopt something that is actually good for society is simply foolish. Rushing in to advocate it, even with the believe that it really is about ending discrimination or bullying - even more so. It is just another harmful perversion of notions such as justice or liberty or progress or even being nice and well-intending. And yes, it will hurt their productivity as well, but it doesn't really matter to them, because they have their milking cattle to pay for those damages. So they only profit by pushing policies that make people even dumber, easier to control, to be told what they should want and that every few months they should line up and buy them non repairable planned obsolescence ridden walled garden spyware adware brain rotting proprietary sealed brick devices. Just buy it! The more you buy, the more you save!

I honestly don't see how this initiative could possibly be supported by anyone who truly strives for true freedom, true liberty or true progress. And it is just sad to see people buying into this toxic lie, desperate to cultivate the illusion of having a redeeming quality. That's not the behavior of a well-intending human being, that is the behavior of an 1d1ot who really wants to be seen as decent, following a definition provided the most indecent among us... chasing the carrot, oblivious to the direction or final destination. They call it rain, and you cheerfully dance under it, but there ain't a single cloud in the sky, and the rain is all yellow and smells of ammonia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brisse View Post
            Aaah, that explains why I see it as hate speech and you do not. You see I'm fairly convinced they are not wording it like that based on ignorance which you seem to think. I think they know exactly what they are doing.
            Yup, you are assuming intent.

Comment

• Originally posted by cynical View Post

Yup, you are assuming intent.
              Obvious undeniable intent.

Comment

• Lets see the open source community fall apart because of petty SJWs that are sore losers from elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emmanuel Deloget View Post
                  I'm not sure it it's possible to even reason correctly with these so-called red-pilled individuals. They tend to invert argumentation and word meaning in order to make their words appear more solid. Then they use what they think are derogatory words (PC, SJW, antifa... hell ! antifa means "anti-fascist" ! how can being anto-fascist be a bad thing?) to hide the fact than, deeply, they know they are wrong. It's easier this way. Pathetic, but easier.

Arguments like "hate speech is free speech, thus condemning hate speech is fascism" are quite incredible. Same for the argument that says "social justice is a nazi thing, so whoever wants social justice is a nazi". We can also cite "you're intolerant because you don't agree with my intolerance" or "if you're not listening to me then you're against free speech". These are fallacies. And they know it.

Damned. These guys are fascists. And I'm pretty sure they are proud of that. They attack, they lie, they misrepresent things, they manipulate.

Look. Some of you are American. I get that. You never had to cope with explicit nazism or fascism in your country and it might be easy for them to blur the lines. I'm European. I know fascism when I see it. I know how it works. I know how it spreads. And I can tell you: these guys are fascists.

Don't even try to speak to them, you're allowing them to spread their sh*t. They want a right to harass. They want a right to show their hate without having to cope with the fallout of their behavior.

Give that to them, and they'll force you to listen.
                  Because maybe antifa has a history of harassing people, being communists and even lethaly injuring innocent people? All on the grounds of having different opinions and criticizing the wrong people. SJWs have a track record of destroying science and schools. Antifa and SJWs are responsible for the english grooming gang crisis because you cant criticize border policy without being called racist. I am not even American and this is not exclusive to the USA.

EDIT: unfortunately the open source community is full of boomers that dont have a clue about reality. And SJWs play on that. For example Linus that became victim of CoC that he signed himself. Poor clueless soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                    For example Linus that became victim of CoC that he signed himself. Poor clueless soul.
                    They got to him through his daughter, which is involved into some feminazis beezwax. He outta have invested less time in scolding kernel developers and more time raising her well so she doesn't succumb to such things. But hindsight is 20/20...

You never had to cope with explicit nazism or fascism in your country and it might be easy for them to blur the lines. I'm European. I know fascism when I see it. I know how it works.
                    Doesn't matter where you are from boy. Unless you are like 80 years old, you never saw or had to deal with any of it. As a matter of fact, you don't even seem to know what fascism is, or what its symbology symbolizes, or that said symbology is on prominent display in the white house and the US senate tribune.

And antifa is textbook fascism. A bunch of mentally deficient losers ganging up together to intimidate and assault people who dare have an opinion in attempts to take that right away from them.

It is quite silly to be fixated on one particular instance of fascism that is long gone now, and in doing so, justify and contribute to fascism that is raging today.

Fascism is actually not even intrinsically bad, nothing is in fact intrinsically bad, including "bad" itself. It all boils down to how its used. It is just an unfortunate turn of events that everything nowadays is mostly misused...
                    Last edited by ddriver; 27 October 2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• All I see is more FUD and conspiracy theories and at the same time facists are making headlines as we speak by making death threats and sending bombs to democrats. It's exactly the sort of "invert argumentation" Emmanuel mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                      X