One Of LLVM's Top Contributors Quits Development Over CoC, Outreach Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gururise View Post
    Furthermore LLVM has partnered with Outreachy. A program that uses racist and sexist selection criteria to choose who gets to intern. White males need not apply.
    white males need not apply to outreachy. is there white male who wanted to apply to outreachy?
    how does it make harder for white males to join llvm development?

Comment

Lost of one or few good engineers, to get many more mediocre. And also quantity against quality just to fill some statistics to meet minority quotas.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksei View Post
        Here's the picture I'm getting: a white male has to pull himself by the bootstraps, while a woman (no other qualifications indicated, but let's generously assume the same technical skill level) gets $5500 + $500 + free mentor for 3 months because she has a cunt. What could this encourage in women/trans/minorities/etc other than "PEOPLE OWE ME FREE STUFF" attitude?
        this is a special interest group. some people are paying money for what they like. what this has to do with you? make you own group which will pay $10k per month to everyone with name aleksei, nobody will care. why do you care about them?
        google has same $5.5k for gsoc students, should i be mad at google because i'm not student?

Comment

Originally posted by onicsis View Post
          Lost of one or few good engineers, to get many more mediocre.
          how can you predict mediocrity of future engineers? it has to be so, because otherwise your butt will hurt?
          Originally posted by onicsis View Post
          o meet minority quotas.
          quota actually will be discrimination. but i guess quota exists only in your vivid imagination
          Last edited by pal666; 03 May 2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            how can you predict mediocrity of future engineers? it has to be so, because otherwise your butt will hurt?
            He isn't predicting future, he is talking of present day.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              google has same $5.5k for gsoc students, should i be mad at google because i'm not student?
              You are not born "Student" like you are black/woman/transgender/attack helicopter.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                He isn't predicting future, he is talking of present day.
                it is not clear from his post, but that would be useless.
                future is much longer than present day

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  You are not born "Student" like you are black/woman/transgender/attack helicopter.
                  actually your eligibility to be a student depends on when you were born. and of course you are not born transgender and people are changing sexes.

Comment

Meh. Sounds to me like he was just looking for a reason to quit.

Comment

What is happening at present day, predicts the future.

This is NOT an isolated incident, actually is the general trend/in western Europe, USA and other places in developed world, starting with universities and ending with paid or unpaid(with volunteers) jobs. More like a silent war. Also they trying to impose on other their politics and [extreme left] agenda via embassies in Est, more like a diktat from 1946. Actually things are much worst than what is seen and it's just the beginning. But it matter to little.

At least in communism, in STEM fields, no one were discriminated and people were equal no matter what they were woman, men or ethnic minorities.

And reading what is happening at ten thousand kilometers away, or more

HTML Code:
                      Racist "diversity" training at GitHub

At one diversity training talk held at a different company and geared toward people of color, she [a GitHub vice president] came on a bit stronger with a point that says, "Some of the biggest barriers to progress are white women." Here's a photo of the talk, which was shared with Business Insider.

HTML Code:
                      "More white women does not equal tech diversity."
                      "Some of the biggest barriers to progress are white women."

Last edited by onicsis; 03 May 2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X