Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purism Hopes To Default To GNOME On The Librem 5 Phone, But Still Supporting KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't be a true Linux phone without some fragmentation and reinvention of the wheel, after all

Comment

Gnome first?

Well, they won't be seeing my money, that's for sure!!!

It's not anything against Gnome, it against being "sided" (and yes... i would be doing the same if they would say same thing about Plasma).

I think they should not be picking sides (it's bad for business, if you know what i mean)

Comment

Originally posted by Mavman View Post
        Gnome first?

Well, they won't be seeing my money, that's for sure!!!

It's not anything against Gnome, it against being "sided" (and yes... i would be doing the same if they would say same thing about Plasma).

I think they should not be picking sides (it's bad for business, if you know what i mean)
        I totally disagree here. Fragmentation is bad for Linux and open source in general. I saw release information regarding 3 new music players in the last 24 hours alone. They need to pick a side and make it awesome. I just happen to think in this particular case, the wrong side was chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by BangoMopar View Post

I totally disagree here. Fragmentation is bad for Linux and open source in general. I saw release information regarding 3 new music players in the last 24 hours alone. They need to pick a side and make it awesome. I just happen to think in this particular case, the wrong side was chosen.
          I don't believe having Gnome and Plasma as choices is too much.

Choice is good, however i agree that too much is probably bad.

A brilliant example: when i was a kid i owned a "Speccy"... now, while i had 5 or 6 games i was a happy kid playing those! But a few years later i bought an huge collection from a friend, very cheap. I stopped playing soon after. It was a terrible pain to choose a game. LOL

(I grew interest on programming, however) LOLOL

Comment

Working...
          X