31 More AMDGPU DC/DAL Patches Enter The Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J?rnS View Post
    Unfortunately, I am too dumb to package and build a kernel for Debian :-(​​​​
    There are prebuilt debian-compatible kernels afaik. However, if you have a POLARIS10 card, it might break normal vsync for you, leading to a worse experience rather than a better one.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
      From my understanding, we haven't heard anything from AMD devs regarding a target release to merge. I don't think it's reasonable to expect 4.13, 4.14, or even 4.15. We also don't know if DC will be flat-out rejected like it was last time they attempted a merge since they've not yet had a request for comments in a long time from upstream.
      I agree these are not reasonable. However you should note that AMD did not attempt to merge DC. It was simply a Request For Comments.

Comment

Originally posted by J?rnS View Post
        Unfortunately, I am too dumb to package and build a kernel for Debian :-(
        ​​​​
        so use package from someone else

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
          I wonder if these are available in a branch somewhere
          this branch is called amd-staging

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            this branch is called amd-staging
            Please read what you're responding to. These patches are not in amd-staging.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
              The current amd-staging branch breaks vsync on my POLARIS10 card, makes vsync variable between 30 and 45 hz on my (fixed) 60 hz monitor; turning vsync off often yields 300+ fps in games and 8000+ in windowed applications. This is by no means anywhere near ready to merge.

Maybe Andrey's patch fixes this though, it says "fix slow fps" and all. ;- )
              Yeah, it should fix this.

I wonder if these are available in a branch somewhere, it would be nice not to have to apply the patches out of a mailing list I wasn't subscribed to.
              They should appear in the amd-staging branch(es) one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post
                Yeah, it should fix this.

They should appear in the amd-staging branch(es) one of these days.
                Yeah, in the mean time I was able to pick out the patches I wanted from the mailinglist archives, even though the spool archive for May didn't have the messages from the 23rd in it as of yesterday. Should be fine next time as well, now that I'm subscribed.

Comment

Working...
                X