Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meson Support Has Landed In The X.Org Server

Phoronix: Meson Support Has Landed In The X.Org Server

Initial Meson build system integration has landed in the xorg-server code-base for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is great news for anyone who develops C++. Meson is so much nicer than CMake, and light years ahead of Autotools. A lot of big name projects have been adopting it, such as Wayland, Gnome, GStreamer, etc...

Comment

Meson's a good step up from autotools (can't believe I have to say it that way), so I'm glad it's getting some traction. Maybe some day there will be more Meson than Autotools builds on a typical day.

Comment

Can it build only Xwayland without Xvfb, Xephyr, nest, and Xdmx?

Some of us who run Wayland don't need all of that other stuff.

Comment

What is Meson supposed to fix? What kind of projects would you use it for?
          I'm really unfamiliar with it, but curious at the same time.

(Please don't tell me it's better than autotools, almost anything is better than that )

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            What is Meson supposed to fix?
            Slow performance, high learning curve and error-prone configuration of other build system AFAIU

Comment

Working...
            X