Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackiwid
    replied
    I think u do just something wrong, maybe I am wrong and 99-100% of the bugs would happen in lets say fedora rawhide too.

But I would never install ubuntu if I want to test free glx-drivers.

Ubuntus main advantage over something like fedora (for others its a disadvantage) is their commitment to non-free drivers to make it as easy as possible to install them.

And then u use a absolut non official ppa replacing some stuff.

Why not just try then if something like that happens, a fedora rawhide? its a distro where many developers from the free drivers work as major distro or package directly for it. or use ubuntu if needed and compile it yourself.

Its not convinient I know, but why test it then in the first place if most of your audience will not install your setup too?

I would never install fedora to test proprietary drivers, and the same is true about ubuntu and free drivers. Except I want to test how well ubuntu works specificly but want to test the drivers right?

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    The sad state of r600 continues...

Leave a comment:

• marek
    replied
    There are known hangs with kernel 3.15 on Sea Islands (confirmed on Bonaire, not sure about the other chips). A workaround is also known. We won't probably have a fix in time for 3.15 final, so hopefully it will be in the next bugfix release (3.15.1 ?).

Kernel 3.14 works fine.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    R7 260X reclocking issues... isn't that what the new microcode in the linux-firmware is supposed to fix, along with some others? It's neither in oibaf's PPA nor pushed to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as an update, so I assume that's responsible for some of the AMD bugs.
    The firmware should fix it, but AFAIK, even with current kernel Git the R7 260X re-clocking support is still disabled by default.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    R7 260X reclocking issues... isn't that what the new microcode in the linux-firmware is supposed to fix, along with some others? It's neither in oibaf's PPA nor pushed to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as an update, so I assume that's responsible for some of the AMD bugs.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Detructor View Post
    2005 called. They want their hardware back. Also they demand to know what that 'Tesseract' is.
    As said already, it's for a ten-year article trying to benchmark every GPU I have my hands on....

Tesseract has been covered many times: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ch&q=Tesseract

Leave a comment:

• Detructor
    replied
    X1800XT: bad rendering on some tests
    X1950PRO: failed to schedule IB when it came to Tesseract test...
    2005 called. They want their hardware back. Also they demand to know what that 'Tesseract' is.

Leave a comment:

• asdfblah
    replied
    Michael, you should rent your hardware for bug testing!

Leave a comment:

• Morpheus
    replied
    You should just consider the thing as just a "in which state are the open-source drivers". That is to say, finality of the article. Automated testing is not designed to make bugs easier to report, just to see eventually if bugs happen. It's the same as "bug linking". Time consuming, so it's not easy to find them.

Michael, you have to be very confident when seeing such screen corruption that the hardware won't burn to hell

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    And you should mention also that some users of oibaf repo complain today that Unity won't even start .

Note: Phoronix disabled editing forum posts some time ago, so check the main PPA page (https://launchpad.net/%7Eoibaf/+archive/graphics-drivers/) for updated

Leave a comment:

Working...
X