Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server "Szechuan Hot Pot" Announced

Phoronix: X.Org Server "Szechuan Hot Pot" Announced

Keith Packard has tagged a new developmental version of the X.Org Server...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYxMzc

I still prefer the Peking Duck...

Comment

wonder if F20 will get X-Server 1.15 also

Comment

Didn't know the X developers were so classy with their naming conventions.

I'd like to see Valve put on the SteamOS website : powered by Golden Gaytime X

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          wonder if F20 will get X-Server 1.15 also
          Easy to answer: No. Maybe unofficially via COPR but no way as regular update.

Comment

XWayland

I would love to see XWayland merged.

Would also like to see it possible to run X.org Server without root.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
              Didn't know the X developers were so classy with their naming conventions.

I'd like to see Valve put on the SteamOS website : powered by Golden Gaytime X
              I mean.... yeah... wtf. Perhaps whoever named it was not a naturually born Engligh speaker and thought they were going for Golden HappyTime ? Um, yeah... no idea there.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
                I mean.... yeah... wtf. Perhaps whoever named it was not a naturually born Engligh speaker and thought they were going for Golden HappyTime ? Um, yeah... no idea there.
                Aha, as I reply to myself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Gaytime

Apparently it is a brand of cookie in New Zealand. Still, given the times and current ussage of the word, I can't really see the justifications of using it for a release name of a major software project as it could be construed in a rather negative light.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post
                  Pretty sure Keith is a native English speaker and was just enjoying summertime in Australia at LCA with a nice local ice cream treat.

Comment

How will Wayland clients use GLAMOR if the upstream is merged into X.org? Or will Wayland clients not need Glamor?

Comment

Working...
                    X